Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is DP/DR permanent?

[dr...]

This will be my 10th month c/t off xanax and i know this is one or the other. Is this a temporary thing, or will it last forever? Only remaining symptom i have.

[1b...]

This will be my 10th month c/t off xanax and i know this is one or the other. Is this a temporary thing, or will it last forever? Only remaining symptom i have.

I am 35 months off today. And it is still here. Even worse. Strange.

How is your DP? can u describe it? I am so tired if this,disconnected feeling in thoughts body and blank mind

[1b...]

Sometimes it can last for a while. Im 4 yrs off and still have it. Dont stress, your brain will get used to it until its gone

Thats is so true. When i have less intense I get scared and wondee is this how normal feel.

So the answer to the original question appears to be “yes”? I’m 10 months in and have exactly the same problem, along with the depression then the DP/DR is by far the worst symptom.

Those of you 3-4 years down the line - has it eased at all? Otherwise what are we doing? We might as well be back on the benzos...

I'm 23 1/2 months off and the dp/dr has mostly subsided.  Sometimes it comes back, but it is fleeting now, and barely lasts a whole day for me now.

[1b...]

So the answer to the original question appears to be “yes”? I’m 10 months in and have exactly the same problem, along with the depression then the DP/DR is by far the worst symptom.

Those of you 3-4 years down the line - has it eased at all? Otherwise what are we doing? We might as well be back on the benzos...

No it has not it has getting much much worse for me the last 2 months and I am 3 years off 1 november it is so bad I get out of nody experience now and is very disconnected. I guess my DP was mild before. I will never ever go back on benzo  bc i had to stop them I was super sick on Valium. Once off stay off I will never take that poison again

Risk to get worse? And it can get worse...much worse

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]