Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for people local

[ya...]

Hi All, I am looking for people in post withdrawal who would like to message each other in support with the view to organise a local support group and to meet up for tea or a walk anything , I am in the northeast of Scotland and I am disgusted with the NHS Doctors lack of help they just don't want to recognise Benzo Physical withdrawal , I have been in recovery for 27.5 months and it would be great to meet people in my local area so we could have a support group and support each other as its frustrating no one believes people can be having problems months after stopping Benzos , I just cant understand facebook I am totally lost with the layout I am 57 yes a dinosaur I tried it for 3 days but its confusing and triggering my symptoms , anyway thank you for reading and I hope there is a few people here in my area abd time zone best regards Colin.

Hi yanky192,

I understand wanting to talk to those you can relate to, it would be wonderful to have a face to face conversation over a cup of tea but it's not something the forum can support.  Our priority is protecting the privacy of our members, members who may be in a vulnerable state and not thinking clearly about their personal safety.  While we know most of our members are fine people who are who they say they are, we have in the past seen people join for malicious intent.  We just can't be sure you won't be preyed upon by unscrupulous individuals so we discourage the exchange of personal information.

The most we can offer you is the PM system for private communication.  When I was in recovery I found someone whose story was similar to mine and we became buddies, I hope that by visiting other members threads that you can find a buddie too.

Pamster

Hi , That's fine I understand , If I was strong enough and was able to use facebook I would start a group there but I need to look after myself and keep away from stress best regards Colin.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]