Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calling all “sore” head benzo buddies

[Ga...]

According to my benzo savvy neurologist, all my head related pain, pressure, and weird sensations are directly related to the Valium I was prescribed for HEADACHES,

pre and post surgery, and insomnia related to hospital stays!!!!  My head issues have been pretty constant up until my recent sixth month milestone marking my last Valium dose :'(,and with windows coming sporadically and giving a modicum of pain relief.  Those of you who are in the brain pain category, I would love to hear of your experiences with this symptom.  I have noticed that their are many who suffer from GI, head, and muscle issues, and eventually all recover in time.  I hope all are moving ahead without too much pain as they gain freedom from the horrors of benzo withdrawal :smitten:

Its been so long since I recovered that I've forgotten many of the symptoms I dealt with, I can remember the days directly after my cold turkey but the months that followed are fuzzy.  I guess this is a good thing, who wants to remember such a horrific time in our lives?

What I do know is that no matter what symptoms we have, our body is working overtime to get us back to normal and so is yours.  You mentioned to me in a PM that you're concerned about your age but from what you've indicated about your general health, I don't see this as an issue.  We read so many stories on the forum, we feel other members pain and we fear we're going to walk in their shoes but we don't know the full story behind each members situation, the other issues they face.  Supporting each other is important along with empathy and understanding but we can't place ourselves in others shoes because that will lock us into a negative feedback loop that is detrimental to our own healing.

Have faith in your body and your health and trust that the way you've lived your life will see you through this.  If you're relatively healthy and take good care of yourself as you go through this, you have a good chance of full recovery in the typical time frame.  Having a positive attitude is so important, I know its hard but feeding the negative just makes it grow larger until it drowns you and everyone around you. 

I read this post today and told the member I was going to send others to see this amazing tool. Acceptance

P.S. Your neurologist is amazing, so rare to find someone who gets this.

Hey guru

search for my posts, you saw the last one it was like yours,,,let me know if you'd like to chat, Id like to chat with somone who is going through things like me

TDD

Firstly to Pamster.  I needed your ray of sunshine post today, as I began to feel a little blue.  Not so much from my physical symptoms, but because fall is in the air, blowing through opened windows, calling me to the pumpkin patch and Starbucks for anything decaf tasting of mocha, cinnamon, and caramel.  I am a fall lover and this time last year I was well enough to host a thank you dinner for my retired GP of 43 years and my new GP of four years.  The pumpkins were scattered about the yard, stalks of corn were hung, and the weather allowed for a five hour robust dinner outside.  Ah, the good old days.  I just read the Acceptance post and found it to be a great reminder of how important it is to ACCEPT the situation in the NOW, and let body and mind heal in their own TIME.  I guess my feelings are of a more nostalgic bent, which in a way makes me grateful for all that I have been blessed with.  Blessings to you and yours :smitten:

Hi TDD.  Yes, it sounds like we have two heads that think alike!  So let’s chat; I am new so I don’t know how to go about chatting, so please clue me in!  Have a great evening :)

Hey guru

Do you have email? I can chat better there, hit me up at (redacted)

Edit: Removed email address

Hi thedaydreamer,

I wanted to let you know that posting of personal information on BenzoBuddies is against forum rules.  Our mission is to protect the privacy of those who are in a vulnerable state and may not be thinking clearly about personal safety.  This is the internet and while I have no doubt that you and Gardenguru are good people, the forum in the past has attracted malicious characters who have disrupted members lives.  The PM system is a great way to have conversations in private, I found it helpful when I was going through this.

Rules and Guidelines

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]