Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One for the fellas. Testicular pains

[SA...]

Hi All

While on benzos has anybody suffered from testicular pain and tenderness? I guess that benzos can cause pain anywhere there are nerve ending. I have see the doctor and they can find a problem. So this must be another benzo side effect I guess?

Thank you

If the testicle itself is not enlarged, the cause may be inflammation of the epididymis or prostatitis. Try palpating the appendage yourself, whether it is painful or enlarged, or see a urologist.

Hi All

While on benzos has anybody suffered from testicular pain and tenderness? I guess that benzos can cause pain anywhere there are nerve ending. I have see the doctor and they can find a problem. So this must be another benzo side effect I guess?

Thank you

You said they can find a problem? What was it? I went through testicle pain/soreness since soon after I began my taper years ago, and it seems to come and go every so often. Really freaked me out. For me, everything seems to mostly be left-side related...my left elbow often has a lot of stiffness, my left eye aches at times, my left foot is much more numb at times than normal (two low back surgeries which affect the feet), left nut pain, etc. The testicle soreness/pain made me face the music and go to a urologist. Physical exam, full scrotal ultrasound, urine test...nothing was found. I notice that it gets sore again whenever my stress goes super high (other sx kick into high gear too). Anyway, you're right, benzos can mess with anything wherever nerves go and that's everywhere. I did lots of researching to see if other guys have had the testicle issue, and the answer was a definite yes, but just not a ton of info out there about it. It's easy for our minds to assume the worst when tough sx kick in, but we just have to be smart about it. Good luck to you!!

I'm female but I feel like I've been having left ovary & groin pain. I found other posts on BB complaining of left groin pain for men. For some reason it's usually the left side. I wonder why.

Hi Ultra

Sorry for the typo, the doctor can't find anything wrong. Thank you for your interesting reply. Like I said I guess it is just a benzo thing.

Thank you to everyone for your input.  It is much appreciated

Yes, have been having this lately, luckily it passed within about five days, felt worse with moving went from almost my left testicle into my lower abdomen. At first it was strictly in the testicle area, felt like someone had kicked me with steel toe boots it was so bad.

Nothing I did helped reduce the pain.

I don't know if it was related to benzos though, only speculation :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]