Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Want to help others

[Ok...]

Hi, I'm from the midwestern part of the US and was addicted to benzos (get this) - 30 years!

It started with an inner ear infection that caused vertigo and nausea. After tests and consultations with 2 different ear, nose and throat clinics- they prescribed valium- and I guess I never looked back!  At one time I was taking 15 mg of clorazepate a day and was a zombie.

(I took up to 30mg /day at times)

Plus I was on opioids for back pain for 8 years.

So after sinus surgery in March 2017, the ENT surgeon prescribed enough benzos to get me through until I could wean off of them. Like hell!

It took almost 2 years to get them out of my system.

Getting off opioids was a breeze compared to benzos.

I've been clean now for 3 years and 3 months.

I joined this forum to help others who are suffering with addictions to these drugs and struggling to stay clean.

Hopefully I can help! Thanks!

Hello Okie56 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Thank you for sharing your story and for wanting to help others on the forum.  There's a wealth of information on the site as well as a caring community of members at various stages on this journey.

Please explore the forum and feel free to post.

We recommend members look at The Ashton Manual, a resource about benzo withdrawal by a leading expert in the field.

You may want to post on Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile.

Welcome!

Brighterday  :)

Okie56, thank you.  Yes, there are many folks here who have been thru this incredible issue.

But, I'd like to hear from you, your thoughts and what did and didn't work for you as you got off of the drugs.

Okie,

If you are healed, you could post your story in the "Success Stories" forum. Many people look forward to reading the stories of those who have healed and are once again living life. Thank you so much for returning. It means so much to so many!

Fp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]