Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Odd feelings in chest

[Sc...]

I've been having this strange discomfort in my chest. It's so hard to explain. A tickling butterfly weakness feeling of discomfort in my chest along with a burning strap across my chest to both sides and in my breast. I ended up in the er and had a full work up for my heart because my bp and heart went out of control. 180/98 and 134 heart rate. They said everything looked great. Have any of you guys had these odd sensations? Idk if I'm describing it well enough.

I've been having this strange discomfort in my chest. It's so hard to explain. A tickling butterfly weakness feeling of discomfort in my chest along with a burning strap across my chest to both sides and in my breast. I ended up in the er and had a full work up for my heart because my bp and heart went out of control. 180/98 and 134 heart rate. They said everything looked great. Have any of you guys had these odd sensations? Idk if I'm describing it well enough.

It feels like your heart is sore.I remember that feeling very well.It is like your heart is weak.Don't know whether I explain it well.

Are you on any antidepressant as it used to happen to me on amitriptyline?

Bexlan

I'm taking CoQ10 200 mg twice a day when I'm having heart issues. Though yours appear to be much, much worse than mine. Maybe you could try 5 mg atenolol PRN.

I have odd chest sensations. All day, yesterday, my chest felt as if it was on the verge of going into a spasm. It never did, but I had these "quivering" like feelings that it was going to happen. The strange thing is, the day before, my chest felt better than it has in over a year.

I had exactly this when I was on beta blockers! I still get the burning though not as bad it's like someone has taken a blow torch right where my chest meets my armpits it's horrible. Not sure what would cause this. I've had the tickling too almost like someone is tickling my vagus nerve but I would feel it in my heart.

I feel mine beat and it seems like it’s beating really hard but my BP is like 90/60. So just because it feels like it’s pounding doesn’t equate to BP.

Your BP is pretty high. Were you put on BP meds?

Thanks everyone for replying. It's insane these feelings and when you try to describe them no one understands. That incident of my bp being that high was literally only last night when I was having a massive panic attack. They did a full work up and said my heart Is perfect. Number came down after about an hour. Spiked a little twice today but been in normal range since. Idk maybe it was the panic attack that sent me that high. Definitely has me afraid of having a stroke or heart attack in the future though.

Mine shoots up to 130-140 during a panic attack. And considering it’s so low 90’s to begin with - I’d assume it’s normal for it to shoot up during an acute attack! Glad yours came down quickly! High BP becomes a problem when it’s chronic <3

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]