Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

caffeine & withdrawal

[he...]

Hello guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. Do you think caffeine and increase your intrusive thoughts? That has been my worse symptom throughout this whole process, I recently started drinking coffee again and noticed I get very anxious and just thoughts and urges of horrible things happening. This lessens when I don’t drink caffeine. Thoughts?

Well, caffeine revs you up. That's why ppl drink coffee. That's why I drink it. If it's making you weird and anxious, don't drink it. If you like the taste but don't want the revving, try Swiss water-processed decaf with zero caffeine. I used decaf during my taper -- my thoughts were weird enough. They didn't need revving. But when I finished tapering, I went back to real coffee.

Hope this helps,

Katz 

I couldn't do coffee for awhile bc my cortisol was through the roof.

I can now have half a cup but I slowly sip at it over an entire morning. but no later bc then I can't settle to sleep.

I did decaf first though like oregon mentioned.

owl: black tea has theanine in it which is known to be calming, but in benzo recovery it can be tricky bc it can affect gaba. If you do ok with it and it is not disrupting things you are lucky:)

Caffei nne revs me up  bad. It does make tnoughts and anxiety worse I notice for me. I does  alm down if you distract and let your body settle down i noyice. I feel like everything revs me up. Always had this sx from 5he beginning. 

owl: black tea has theanine in it which is known to be calming, but in benzo recovery it can be tricky bc it can affect gaba. If you do ok with it and it is not disrupting things you are lucky:)

You're right Trina. I took L-Theanine when in BWDs and it really seemed to help me

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]