Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone have any adverse effects from using icy hot patches or salon pas.

[Ga...]

I have been treating a sore back and neck with icy patch and salon-pas patches  for the past several days, and I have been feeling quite ill.  Probably just a bad wave as I start my sixth month withdrawal from Valium.  But, as most of us are so sensitive to so many things, thought I would just put it out there for discussion.  And, is there such a thing as a bad wave around the six month mark?  My 4th month was horrendous so I am hoping the sixth month brings some relief :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh sadly bad waves can hit randomly for many for awhile. Its truly different for everyone. Some ppl get hit hard off and on through the whole process, and for others waves get less intense over time. We truly just don't know.

I have to use biorfreeze or icy hot ointment on my back once in awhile and have had no problems...but I have been fortunate that nothing topical seems to bother me. Others do have difficulty with it.

I guess the only way to know is to stop for awhile and then when you resume using it again see if you have the same thing happen. ;)

Thanks, Trina.  Agree that so many symptoms pop in and out and it is hard to pinpoint what, if anything, causes an adverse effect.  I probably am feeling unwell today based on the fact that my PT session last Friday was too extreme; went in for soft tissue massage and stretching and my therapist had me doing exercises!  My GP suggested that my pt sessions concentrate on the massages and stretching for the time being.  It is so hard to rally when one has several good days in a row, and then get knocked back down!!!!  Thanks again for reaching out :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]