Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Question about sleep

[De...]

Can taking melatonin and unisum delay healing of sleep? I have tapered down to a small amount of melatonin like a crumb and I cut a piece of unisum and take that.. it gives me the push to fall asleep.. I’ve been taking that this entire time I’ve been off benzos (4 months) cause at first in acute I didn’t sleep for days and days and was taking 3 unisum just to even get some sleep and then was at 10mg of melatonin (not taking together) now 4 months out I’m taking maybe 0.5 melatonin and a crumb of unisum (together) just wondering if I’m screwing myself in the long run..

At the doses you're on, I'd say you'll be fine to keep taking them as long as you need them, hopefully one day you won't.  :)

It sounds like you're doing really well at getting some sleep but as you recover I'd continue to taper the sleep aids so your body can get back to its normal sleep rhythm. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]