Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

finished taper 5 months

[qw...]

I finished a fast taper 5 months ago. I have had some form of symptom every day since. some very nice open windows of time a long the way as well. It seems now that anxiety is really kicking in hard. almoot unbearably hard. these are more difficult symptoms than anything I've had so far. I really hoped I was turning a corner but I am concerned that I'm just now getting into the worst of it. any ideas?

I don't feel things will get worse for you, our symptoms wax and wane so much it seems like they're getting worse but then things will change again.  What tools are you using to distract yourself from your symptoms?  I found that keeping busy doing projects kept me from focusing on them.  I was still miserable of course, but they helped pass the time at least.

I feel hopeful you've had windows, were you put on benzo's because of your anxiety originally, are you seeing a therapist?

I'm in a wondow right now. I am seeing a therapist and working on reframing thoughts via CBT. I was put on originally for anxiety. Do you think that has anything to do with recovery? Other than I'm relearning how to deal with life without benzos and alcohol.

I get really blurry vision. My blood pressure spikes and drops and I am very sensitive to abrupt sounds. It's like my body is stuck in the fight/flight mode and I'm learning how to live that way. I really would like to stay in this window all the time, but time will tell.

Benzo induced anxiety is normal anxiety on steroids so if you're learning CBT and working with a therapist, you're going to be in great shape when you recover from this!  You'll have all the tools you need to live your life free from drugs and alcohol.  Don't be discouraged or quit doing these things if you don't see wonderful results because it's really difficult to manage benzo anxiety but when you recover, you'll be able to manage your normal stuff just fine.

You are stuck in fight or flight, this is what happens to our central nervous system, it's pegged at a 10 all of the time.  But when you get past this, you'll be able to relax again, I've been healed for a long time and I'm still grateful I can.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]