Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Glad I found this forum

[Sh...]

Hi all.  I'm here because I'm on benzo's for at least 15 years.  I can't remember exactly when it was I started using it daily but at the minimum I use 1mg / day but sometimes this can go up to 3 or 4 mg's.  The first time I discovered this was when my dr handed me a box of pills for either anxiety or insomnia and she gave it to me for free - a sample of what a medical rep gave her.  I was amazed at how well it worked. What we did not know at the time was that I had severe social phobia and are extremely anxious all the time.  i used to drink hard, and to my own shame I still sort of do, and that made my anxiety and phobia worse and that led me to using more benzo's (Alzam was the brand name I started with and now I'm using Alprazolam) so it seems I will have to quit 2 things at the same time, the benzos and alcohol.  Okay, this is getting way to long, I'm here hoping I can find a way, and support, to start getting off the Benzos because I know my memory has detoriated and my vision is so bad I need strong reading glasses (even my parents in their 70's don't use glasses, I'm the only one in the family).  So that's me, thanks for reading and I hope to engage on this forum on a daily basis.  All the best!

Hello Shooshenator :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community , you will get plenty of support here to help you on your journey to be benzo free.  You have made a great decision to taper off these drugs and cutting out the alcohol.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards post questions to any of the dedicated threads.[

Benzodiazepines are best tapered slowly. Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb but some of us need to go more slowly, listen to your body,whatever feels comfortable. The goal is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

If you would like to add a signature listing your meds,doses ets.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]