Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

wave patterns

[La...]

I had my first less intense big wave this morning. I'm so excited! My big waves come about every 5-7 days with smaller waves & short windows in between. The big wave last week was a 9! Scale of 1-10. This morning I had a big wave I'd say was a 7!

Did any of you experience a change in your wave pattern once they became less intense? Or did they stay the same?

Oh I wish I had marked it on my calendar, because I can't remember how far apart my waves and windows were.  I know that the space I feel okay keeps getting longer and longer, and my waves are not nearly as intense anymore.  In fact, I am now experiencing times with some nasty symptoms, but everything is not awful, which is amazing and nice to finally be here.  I'm 23 months out now. 

LadyDen: Be prepared as this is truly non-linear. I had a spell where my waves seemed to be getting less intense but then got slammed with a big one another time. But in theory yes there should be a positive change in waves over time. I'm not trying to squash your joy..maybe this is whats happening with  you and I would be thrilled. I just know that an intense wave can be surprising and cruel when you've had a taste of relief:)

Congratulations on getting a window!  I saw a lot of progress in months 3 to 6 only to get slammed with a wave in month 7 that was almost as intense as the early days...but since then it’s been pretty mild. 

Hopefully you will start seeing some noticeable improvement over the next month.

Thank all of you for your input. I'm looking forward to more Windows and less intense waves. You guys are witnesses to what I was suspecting. That these waves can die down then kick back up in intensity level. I was hoping you guys tell me that once less intense then it stays. So in other words, your patterns stayed the same but not your waves?

Pattern meaning at a certain time you'd get a wave & for the most part knew just about how long it would last. In the phases of withdrawals it talks about noticing a pattern in phase 2.

So I was so sick my first year I had zero windows. Second year was pretty bad too. My first windows came this year, after the 2 year mark. So fingers crossed you’ll heal faster than me!!

Patterns do not necessarily stay the same either - sorry! This whole thing is so darn unpredictable.

Its definitely a day by day thing for me. some people do see patterns but then they can change for a new pattern - or just be totally random.

Sigh...I'm not trying to be a downer..just want to give you honesty. But if you're one of those people that can see patterns thats awesome bc then you can at least have some predictability and structure.

Hugs..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]