Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cold spots on skin?

[Sc...]

Anyone ever have weird cold and stinging spots on their body but other spots are fine? It's so odd. My side of my head, ear and neck feel cold and sting but the rest of my bodydoesn't. This keeps getting more bizarre. I'm honestly at my waist end here 😥

Yes, I began getting this midway through taper and still have it (just jumped though a couple days ago).  It ranges for me from a menthol under my skin feeling to a bit more intense feeling, like I’ve put way too much medicated topical cream on (Icy Hot/Bengay/Biofreeze).  It’s always in patches too, sometimes the back of my upper arms, sometimes my face, sometimes spots on my thighs.  It’s the most benign of my symptoms though so I’ve just become accustomed to it. 

Yes I had this toward the end of my taper as well. I'd describe mine as having a cold drop of water on my skin in one spot. First time I noticed it, I was in bed trying to sleep then all of a sudden it was like someone placed a quarter sized drop of water on my arm. Lasted about an hour then disappeared. During acute, it popped back up again at bedtime but on my thigh this time. Lasted an hour then poof! Gone! I'm a little over 3 months post jumping and it's gone completely.

I just recently started noticing these last month.

I think my other severe symptoms have calmed down so these are hopefully some of the last ones left. 30 months out they started for me. At first it felt super scary because I didn’t know what it was but now that I’ve realized it’s just irritated nerves I try and ignore it. It feels like menthol or ice water

They were worst on the day I drank OJ. Then I heard OJ has some alcohol in it.

Lady,

It actually contains trace amounts of alcohol sometimes, so little that they don’t need to report it. But so do bananas and those don’t bother me. So maybe it is the citrus!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]