Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I worry about cigarette smoke?

[Me...]

Hi all,

I’m a non-smoker and generally have no contact with smoke. A friend came over today who smokes and my heightened sense of smell right now made me nauseous due to the cig smell (normally doesn’t bother me). Should I worry at all that this will increase WD symptoms? I’m scared of everting now... Truly. I’m having extreme anxiety lately.

Could cig smoke cause symptoms to get worse?

Hi all,

I’m a non-smoker and generally have no contact with smoke. A friend came over today who smokes and my heightened sense of smell right now made me nauseous due to the cig smell (normally doesn’t bother me). Should I worry at all that this will increase WD symptoms? I’m scared of everting now... Truly. I’m having extreme anxiety lately.

Could cig smoke cause symptoms to get worse?

Nawww. Cigarette smoke is more than likely not going to aggravate ur symptoms. I can see it making  u nauseous, especially  bc of how sensitive our systems r but, I highly doubt it would cause ur symptoms to worsen to a new level. I would just say avoid those things that make u feel more uneasy than before. But with that being said, everyone’s system is different. But I do know as time goes on, ur system will become more desensitized to things like that. Hope this helps

I wouldn't think so Melanie.  I've never read of such an effect, here. 

As a non smoker you are more than entitled to ask people to smoke outside.  Sidestream smoke is more hazardous as it is unfiltered. 

We are afraid of everything when in WD, but I am happy to report that I am much improved at 19 months.  So much less fear.  It's been a struggle, but worth it. 

Fun fact:  New babies have lungs the size of a walnut. 

D x

Thank you both so much. One less thing to worry about, which is a big deal because I’ve become quite the hypochondriac. I’m literally afraid of using my shampoo now. And fluoride toothpaste. I’m so sick of this fear. So glad it has gotten better for you both.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]