Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Never thought this was me. But here I am. Life is funny.

[G ...]

I’m recently separated and tried to quit clzpm on my own after 9 years of everyday use with a script from my doc...no abuse... I tapered and I felt like I was doing well...I didn’t know about  the withdrawals. Then I did!!! Wow. I mean wow. WOW! Now I’m scared... and here I am...feeling like an addict...my feelings not yours...I actually hadn’t heard it was so addictive..., living w/ my mom for a minute or 12 until I get my feet back from the separation ...and here I am...hoping for support and to get on...knowing I’ll get through this somehow...

Hi G D Carter,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad you are here! I am also someone who only took benzos as prescribed and wasn't ever told about the withdrawals either. You will find many others here who have gone through a similar experience. I'll post a link to the Withdrawal Support board. It's a great place to ask questions and meet other people going through benzo withdrawals.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also post a link to the Taper Board where you can look at taper plans that may best suit you.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I'll also include a link for the Ashton Manual. Dr. Ashton wrote a great guide about the effects of benzos and how to taper them successfully. She recommends going slowly, reducing 5 to 10 percent every 10 days or so. Take a look and see if you find that helpful.

The Ashton Manual

Also, feel free to browse any of the other boards that appeal to you and seem helpful. Just know that you are not alone, many of us are going through similar issues. We are glad you are here!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]