Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

1mg of K to 20mg of V day 2

[Sc...]

So yesterday I made the crossover from 1mg of K to 20mg of V.  Last night I had my worst sleep in 4 months.  3.5 hours of sleep registering zero REM sleep.  I read the entire Ashton manual this morning which many people here recommended and I am so glad I did.  The entire manual was an absolute must read.  I am gathering from reading the manual, some posts on this forum and further research that I may be better off making the crossover a bit more gradual.  I am seeing or thinking 0.5mg of K in the AM and 10 mg of V before bed to make the crossover a bit more tolerable.  Hoping to get stabilized on the V because at this point it is blantenly obvious that tapering off of V is most definitely the way to go.  Any advice would be appreciated.

So yesterday I made the crossover from 1mg of K to 20mg of V.  Last night I had my worst sleep in 4 months.  3.5 hours of sleep registering zero REM sleep.  I read the entire Ashton manual this morning which many people here recommended and I am so glad I did.  The entire manual was an absolute must read.  I am gathering from reading the manual, some posts on this forum and further research that I may be better off making the crossover a bit more gradual.  I am seeing or thinking 0.5mg of K in the AM and 10 mg of V before bed to make the crossover a bit more tolerable.  Hoping to get stabilized on the V because at this point it is blantenly obvious that tapering off of V is most definitely the way to go.  Any advice would be appreciated.

The mind is powerful, thus maybe the anxiety of the crossover was a factor in losing sleep.

Originally my therapist recommended a "sudden crossover".  However (this year) I was prepared with a hardcopy of Ashton's manual and we agreed on the gradual approach. 

My pharmacy waved a "red flag" to have a prescription for both K and V.  To solve that, my doc sent a note which explained the tapering situation. Anyway, we all managed to get on the same page. 

In my case, tapering from K was brutal,  thus my only viable option was to crossover to V.  In general, I followed Ashton's crossover chart.......not exactly, but to a reasonable degree.  It didn't come without bumps.

You're wise to say "to get stabilized". 

Everyone is different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]