Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feels like all my systems in my body are shutting down

[li...]

I wish I knew how to describe what Im feeling. I dont know if anyone has experienced this and what to do about it. Since I changed to teva generic, my body feels like it is shutting down.  As if I cant feel my pulse,hear beating,  neurologically feel deadened, maybe my blood pressure is dropping not sure or what is going on.  it feels like my endocrine system shutting down. I dont know how Im still breathing. I feel like Im barely alive even though Im typing right now. Its so hard to describe.  My enuro issues and chronic pain is still there but I dont have enough of the hormones or transmitters to feel it right now is what it maybe feels like.

Lila, is there any way your doc can switch you back to your original brand? Surely when he sees your condition he'll accommodate you. It would be a dereliction of duty not to do so

Lila, is there any way your doc can switch you back to your original brand? Surely when he sees your condition he'll accommodate you. It would be a dereliction of duty not to do so

i have enough in my stash to change to the other brand but Im so afraid what will happen as when I tried to do this once before with a different generi8c switch in July and went back on the orginal brand it was so potent that it worked for a few days and put me in much withdrawals as well. I dont know which is worse.  Is it normal to feel  like body shutting down during withdrawls? Do some peopel have it and should I stick it out and will I come through or is my situation unique with my bodys reaction to this. I have been trying to kee;p things the same and hoping I  would stabalzie on this but it feels as if there is a drastic change in dose between thi one and the other one. I am alslo afraid of kindling and making it even harder to get off of.  Im very confused dont want to makie things worse.  The last time I switched back also it wasnt this severe of a dosagae change and I could not stabalzie on it as opposed to this one.

Well for one thing, you're not different. I think many have gone through what you're going through. I had a severe concussion too and the resulting glutamate storm is what put me on the path of benzos. I know I'm kindled as well because of my re-instatements. It's not the end of the world. It just means you're more sensitive and have to be more careful. It may feel your body is shutting down but it's not. Your body is fully capable of performing it's many functions in spite of bad WDs.

I wanted to reassure you but that came across as a little callous. It wasn't my intention. I really hope you can get stable. It may not seem like there's a light at the end of the tunnel but there's is.

lila7, I feel like I’m going through something similar. My pharmacy filled my prescription of K with Accord when I’d been on Solco. I feel like generic switching definitely messes with the withdrawal symptoms. I’m feeling horrible and bedridden. Can’t function even to advocate for myself and get me switched out.

I feel for you because I understand the hell you’re in. You’ve been switching generics bc of issues with each one. In my humble opinion, I think you should stick with teva and just dig in your heels and give it a chance. It seems to be a popular choice on this other support group thread which addresses the issues and struggles with different generic klonopin brands. I can try to link it if you want (I need to figure out how to do it). Wishing you some relief.

lila7, I feel like I’m going through something similar. My pharmacy filled my prescription of K with Accord when I’d been on Solco. I feel like generic switching definitely messes with the withdrawal symptoms. I’m feeling horrible and bedridden. Can’t function even to advocate for myself and get me switched out.

I feel for you because I understand the hell you’re in. You’ve been switching generics bc of issues with each one. In my humble opinion, I think you should stick with teva and just dig in your heels and give it a chance. It seems to be a popular choice on this other support group thread which addresses the issues and struggles with different generic klonopin brands. I can try to link it if you want (I need to figure out how to do it). Wishing you some relief.

Lilpea Im so very  :hug:sorry you are going through this as well  :hug:My whole problems started in July 2019 when they switched me to Accord. I ddi well on Teva and Actavis.  After being on Accord which felt like it didnt work at all I switched to Solco but I started having probelms with it after a year into it and I wasnt sure what caused it. Could have been extreme stress but also I have been wondering if it was  due to the way I was metabolizing it in my body. Did you get extremely sedated when using Soclo? Did you take it on an empty stomach or with food? I noticed with food it sedated me so much. I dont remember ever feelking that way with any of the other generics. I got so scared when I read about kindling and that fear made me make stupid decisions that actually led to kindling. I was so afraid that the Solco was kindling me with it drugging me up inconsistently esp after I developed major neuro issues in my arms and legs which is when I foolishly tried to change generics instead of just taper off of the solco since my body was so used to it.    Teva now feels like the Accord in my system and I dont know if it was because of how potent Solco is or if the new Teva is different than the old one.  I  think I did see the thread about that.  Was it the Teva discontinuation group?  Someone wrote that when they cut their solco in half they still felt it was stronger than their teva.  So I can only imagine why both of us feeling so bad with the sudden drop of dosage in our system. I wish I knew what percentage of a drop and we will never know. I wasnt even planning on tapering off klonopin before this. I was planning on staying on it for life because of all my other health conditions was not worth suffering more with getting off of it. I dread the night and barely get any sleep and my neuro issues are now through the roof. I cant imagine tapering off of this in this condition.  Wishing you relief as well.  :smitten:

I have lost sensation through whole body inside and out.

I know I am in much more pain than I can feel.

It is as if a whole layer of my nervous system is ‘offline’.

I can just about feel scratch but it is as of through a thick layer of rubber.

I can’t feel pinch.

I can’t feel food properly in mouth and it all feels repulsive.

No inner sensation of hunger or fullness.

No pain from constipation, periods before they stopped. Or from rectum when it bleeds.

Sound smashes into my head like a physical force like when have terrible headache but no pain

All I can feel is crushing in joints and severe muscle contracture.

Still retapering.

When got off last time couldn’t feel objects in hands at all or body and it causes a sort of psychotic terror of touching anything and of feel of my own tongue in my mouth.

@[Aj...]

@lila7, your sympathy made me tear up. I’m an emotional mess and get weepy. To answer your question, I’ve never taken Solco K with food. I always take my benzos on an empty stomach hoping to get the full effect. I didn’t feel sedated on Solco at all but I also never took it with food. About the link, yes you did see the one I was talking about. It’s 106 pages long so a bit overwhelming. Also, you mentioned stress. I think it’s a huge factor in affecting how we feel on our benzo brain and being able to cope with withdrawal. I’m so agoraphobic at the moment. My brain’s foggy so I hope I’ve answered your questions. It helps me to know that this feeling I’m having on Accord K you felt too. My own experience is that I feel Solco K is a little stronger but that’s my own body. Just know I get it with this whole benzo mess. Sending you hugs and a prayer  :smitten :smitten:

Lilpea, I agree. Stress has a huge impact on our brains and can set off all kinds of symptoms. It can become a vicious circle where we start stressing over our stress.

I have lost sensation through whole body inside and out.

I know I am in much more pain than I can feel.

It is as if a whole layer of my nervous system is ‘offline’.

I can just about feel scratch but it is as of through a thick layer of rubber.

I can’t feel pinch.

I can’t feel food properly in mouth and it all feels repulsive.

No inner sensation of hunger or fullness.

No pain from constipation, periods before they stopped. Or from rectum when it bleeds.

Sound smashes into my head like a physical force like when have terrible headache but no pain

All I can feel is crushing in joints and severe muscle contracture.

Still retapering.

When got off last time couldn’t feel objects in hands at all or body and it causes a sort of psychotic terror of touching anything and of feel of my own tongue in my mouth.

Im so very sorry Adjusta.  :smitten:  its jsut so awful thesse symptoms  You are so strong to hang in there. Hope I can be as strong as you. I pray your symptoms will improve.

@Ajusta - My heart goes out to your suffering. I hope this forum can give you an outlet and support.

@lila7, your sympathy made me tear up. I’m an emotional mess and get weepy. To answer your question, I’ve never taken Solco K with food. I always take my benzos on an empty stomach hoping to get the full effect. I didn’t feel sedated on Solco at all but I also never took it with food. About the link, yes you did see the one I was talking about. It’s 106 pages long so a bit overwhelming. Also, you mentioned stress. I think it’s a huge factor in affecting how we feel on our benzo brain and being able to cope with withdrawal. I’m so agoraphobic at the moment. My brain’s foggy so I hope I’ve answered your questions. It helps me to know that this feeling I’m having on Accord K you felt too. My own experience is that I feel Solco K is a little stronger but that’s my own body. Just know I get it with this whole benzo mess. Sending you hugs and a prayer  :smitten :smitten:

Me too emotional mess.  barely have energy to type. last night was the worst day 6 on teva .5mg I cant imagine how will taper off of this was planning a long 18 month slow taper but how can i endure this everyday dont know. last night the nueor pain came back but in a whole other level didnt think possible so intesne I cant imagine living with this everyday. So intense. Im getting sicker. I still dont know if I should go back on solco but i think im doing so poorly because i defintely had a werid reacton to that drug since it did sedate me even if I ate 2 hours before taking it and it was so strong not like the other generic I have been on in 14 years and if I took it on an empty stomach went into withdrawls. I asked 2 pharamcists and they said hey never heard of that reaction to benzo and its something in the way im metabolizing it. But i am woendring if i wouldhave this reacton on the orgiinal teva too now. I dont know what to do but i  cant go on this way. If I were a the end of my taper but i didnt even start  :'(  How are you doing?

@Ajusta - My heart goes out to your suffering. I hope this forum can give you an outlet and support.

Lilpea how are you doing?  Im getting worse. My adrenals are feeling sho shut down and pressure in both kidneys dont know what to do and how to get my doctors to test me again when they tested me a month ago and it showed I was fine when I didnt change over to the other medication yet

Hi lila7, sorry I’ve been MIA. I struggle with chronic depression and haven’t been active on the forum lately. I usually don’t log out of the forum so it says I’m online. I’m thinking maybe you can start a thread in Support Groups and we can support each other there. If you do, PM me that you did. I know you have all these physical symptoms but I’m better at emotional support so it’ll go off topic in this thread. My physical symptoms are better. Your bodily symptoms are beyond my scope. I think mine were happening from the change to Accord but I’m coping.

lila7, I felt just like you. I felt my body was shutting down and I was left just a barely breathing corpse with little brain function. This happened to me after I did a quick taper which was like a cold-turkey. (7 years on clonazepam from 1 mg to 4 mg.)

I went through a long time cognitive and physical hell. Since you are still on meds, but tapering, my only suggestion is that you hold for awhile. I don't know anything about your process but I wish you all the best in adjusting and stabilizing. Its amazing what switching brands can do!

A far as the physical and mental symptoms, I have certainly been there. Dementia-like symptoms, emotional, depressed, extreme fatigue, tinnitus, looping thoughts, fearful, impending doom, thinking of every little or big mistake I ever made, bone aches, burning nerves, etc. I just kept the faith that I would get though it. That it wouldn't last forever. Some symptoms would leave and new ones would appear. But I kept persevering. All the tests resulted in nothing. It was just my tortured CNS showing its damage to me. It just wanted time to heal, and after 3 years, it still healing, but much better.

Hang in there friend and lean on all of us as much as possible to help you through.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]