Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ativan prescribed for over 30 years. Trying to ween off.

[EW...]

I was prescribed ativan over 30 years ago. They are trying a ween down but its destroying my life.

I have had seizures before doing cold turkey so now have carbamazepine.

Hoping another has made it through using this medication.

Just looking for some support.

Hello EW696!  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time getting off Ativan.  You've definitely come to the right place for good information and the support you're looking for. You'll find there are many others here who have quit Ativan or are currently tapering off of it. This can be a challenging process that can take some time but the body is capable of full recovery.

Please tell us more about your taper.  We generally suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer.  Some members taper more slowly with smaller cuts guided by symptoms.  A slow careful taper is the best way we know of to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.  Hopefully you'll be able to bring information you find here to your doctor a work collaboratively on a taper using a method we support.

You'll find methods we generally support here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

If you'd like to reach out for support and connect with others going through this process feel free to start a new topic with questions about your situation here: Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

We recommend members look at The Ashton Manual for an overview of the benzo withdrawal process.

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile.

We're glad you're here!  Please reach out for support.  We'll help you get through this.

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]