Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ive been on and off about 4 times everyone keeps scaring me pls help! Reinstated

[Cu...]

I was tapering and I got from 2mg daily down to 1.25mg over the course of some

Months I was doing well... my mom passed and I just had back to back panic attacks and 5 trips to the ER, in a week! So I reinstated yesterday and I feel

Much better but I absolutely want to get off, I’m

Just wondering why do people fear monger? NOT in this forum but in others I’ve been told

If I try to wean again I will be in horrible condition, I will not be able to do it, I’m at a larger risk for seizures... is this really true please help!

Hi,

Noone can really predict if it will be harder or not.  We are all different. I really doubt you will have a seizure as long as you slowly taper. If you are pretty stable now I'm sure you will be fine. Dont let people scare you. May e you should just stay at your dose for a while and hold until you calm down and stabilize for a while. Then you could think about a taper. You will be ok.

Just take it slow, you will be ok. Try to stay at that dose and hold. I wouldn't go up and down off and on. It will confuse the nervous sx. You seem ok , you will be fine. You could do anxiety meditations, deep breathing,  ways to work on your anxiety so you have coping skills.

I'm really sorry about your personal loss. It's never going to be a good time but what a horrible thing to have to go through at this time. I don't blame you for doing what you had to do.

It's a fine line between sharing uncomfortable truths and fear-mongering. I don't think benzos are usually a good idea at all but hopping on and off them is even worse. I've read enough to form the opinion that eventually this will lead to big problems. It can get worse if you're not careful. If you keep going up and down in dose, on and off of them, they will bite you in a matter of time. So I think if you want off them for real, that is fantastic but it means you really shouldn't rush it. Reinstating to immediately start tapering seems a little bit of a fuzzy decision to me. What are you trying to achieve? If you need to stabilise because you're going through some stuff, it's probably better to take the same dose. Perhaps you can stabilize at a slightly lower dose, so you won't have undone so much of your hard work?

That's how I would try to frame it, if I were you. This time you're gonna get off them once and for all. You're gonna do it slowly, with absolutely no updosing (apart from perhaps in case of acts of God) but holding whenever you need. Take your time, be cautious, and really the chance of seizure is not worth thinking about. That's what I think, but it's up to you. I think you'll be wise to stay clear of benzos and alcohol for good after this. At the very least I hope you will remove benzos from the list of quick fix options when things get a little difficult. If you can't see now that it's not worth it, I promise you'll find out if you keep testing. This is not an ideological position; it's just the nature of the durg.

I just want to say that it's absolutely doable. A lot of people talk about kindling but I  believe that most people can taper no matter where they start from, no matter how long they've used the drugs or even if they've had to reinstate. Dr. Heather Ashton who wrote the Ashton Manual has wonderful advice and always says it's possible. I will quote her below:

If for any reason you do not (or did not) succeed at your first attempt at benzodiazepine withdrawal, you can always try again. They say that most smokers make 7 or 8 attempts before they finally give up cigarettes. The good news is that most long-term benzodiazepine users are successful after the first attempt. Those who need a second try have usually been withdrawn too quickly the first time. A slow and steady benzodiazepine withdrawal, with you in control, is nearly always successful.

Thanks sir, that actually makes me feel better.  I never saw that. By the time I got to bb, so many mistakes were made by drs. I had no idea why I felt so weird. That's an understatement. It seems like cupcake isn't in bad a wd as some of us. I hope that makes sense. So she may or may not have such a bad time. I sure hope so. I think its doable too with good guidance.

A buddy of mine on here had to reinstate, then taper down again, and things turned out just fine for him. For whatever reason -- probably his taper rate was just too fast -- he had to go back up to the last place he felt comfortable, which was his initial dose. He stayed there for several months, then started back down doing a slower taper. He had no problems.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I was tapering and I got from 2mg daily down to 1.25mg over the course of some

Months I was doing well... my mom passed and I just had back to back panic attacks and 5 trips to the ER, in a week! So I reinstated yesterday and I feel

Much better but I absolutely want to get off, I’m

Just wondering why do people fear monger? NOT in this forum but in others I’ve been told

If I try to wean again I will be in horrible condition, I will not be able to do it, I’m at a larger risk for seizures... is this really true please help!

If you are ok on it just stay on it.

If I had not had horrofic symptoms when reinstated I would have just stayed on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]