Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New hear, need advice, help! Scared

[Be...]

Hi, I’m new here, I’m 3 months off Ativan, and I’m not healing at all, my brain symptoms and sleep are getting worse instead of better, I have blank brain, not functioning like it should, it is everyday slower, I feel like it is gonna stop, severe cognitive impairment and motor skills impairment. Anyone that was still seeing no improvements after three months off and was still getting worse? Will I get better? My brain is completely fried. I also have no difference between being awake and asleep, I feel like my brain is off all the time. Anyone with similar symptoms? I’m so scared that I’ll die this way, that my brain is gonna stop. I don’t see a way out anymore, it is not getting any better, my brain symptoms are everyday worse.

I quit cold turkey too and was so discouraged as I counted each month with what felt like no improvement but the thing is, I was improving but my mind wouldn't let me acknowledge it, this process only lets us feel negative emotions. 

I know you're suffering, I can feel it in your words but the only thing I can tell you is what works and that's distraction and time.  I kept really busy when I was where you are, I couldn't relax or sit still so I just kept moving.  It didn't take the symptoms away but it made the time pass and that's the only thing we've found that heals us is time.

I read the success stories over and over again because they gave me hope, I read chapter 3 of  The Ashton Manual because it let me know that what I was feeling was normal. 

Keep coming here to get reassurance that you can heal from this horror. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]