Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long term Xanax user

[RR...]

Hi,

I'm joining the forum to learn about benzo withdrawal and gather support trough knowledge and sharing. I've been using prescribed Xanax on and off for about 23 years due to anxiety disorders but April 2020 I stopped after tapering off for a good while. The initiative to stop taking Xanax came from being in therapy with a psychiatrist. I am no longer in therapy.

Hello RR200! Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you joined us!  You'll find good information about benzo withdrawal and support from others who understand what this process is like.

Please tell us more about where you are in your taper off Xanax so we have a better idea how to help you.  Are you now off of Xanax or are you still tapering?

Here are some links to help you get started:

An excellent resource on benzo withdrawal by a leading researcher in the field.  Chap.III is about many common withdrawal symptoms The Ashton Manual -

If you're planning the rest of your taper, you'll see the methods we support here:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

If you're interested in connecting with members who are also tapering, feel free to start a new topic here:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

If you've finished your taper and are looking for support, you can start a new topic with questions about your situation here:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Welcome! 

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]