Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi I am new here!

[Sc...]

Hi.  I am new to this forum.  I was prescribed benzos for the last 18 years.  They started me on Ativan and had me as much as 6mg of klonopin a day.  Last October when The Benzo Crisis with Lisa Ling aired on CNN I became aware of the dangers of these drugs.  Since last October I have gone from 6mg a day of klonopin to currently 1mg.  I am miserable and want help getting off!

Hi Scotty2Hotty,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad you are here! I also was prescribed benzos for a long period of time and am tapering from two and a half mgs of xanax per day. I'm down to .75. It's a tough process but there are a lot of great people here with helpful information.

I'll give you a few links that you might find helpful. The first is the Withdrawal Support board which is a great place to post questions to other members.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also post the link for the Taper Board which has helpful information about different ways to taper and also a place where you can log your own taper information.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I'll also post a link to the Ashton Manual which is a great resource for tapering.

We generally suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer depending on symptoms.  This slow, careful taper is the best way we know of to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum so you're able to function as well as possible during your withdrawal.

The Ashton Manual

Also feel free to browse and post on any of the boards that seem right for you. Welcome! We are glad you are here!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]