Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

8 years of sporadic Clonazepam abuse

[on...]

I've finally taken the initiative of posting on Benzo Buddies after several months of scouring through the success stories. The site has been extremely encouraging to note that others have come out of protracted withdrawals and that we are indeed suffering from a brain injury that does heal. I joined Benzo Buddies to gain further insight and clarification into the cognitive effects associated with clonazepam withdrawal. Over the last 8 years I've abused Benzos for years at a time, with months of complete sobriety. In 8 years, 14 months was the longest I was able to maintain complete abstinence. Today, I'm 2 months off of a 3 week taper. I haven't taken any Benzos in 2 months. Outside of irritable bowel movements in the morning, all of my withdrawals are cognitive. My main focus here on Benzo Buddies is to hear from other members who have dealt with cognitive effects such as brain fog, head pressure, confusion, forgetfulness, difficulty with speech, memory recall, disassociation, derealisation, and extreme difficulty in taking the initiative to begin and complete simple tasks.

Hello onewayticket!  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're so glad you joined after browsing and finding the forum helpful and encouraging.  The information and support you find here can make a huge difference in successfully quitting benzos, getting through withdrawal and moving on to a new benzo free life.  As you probably know only too well withdrawal symptoms can be tough to cope with.  We hope you'll reach out for support to help you keep moving forward toward your goal.

Now that you've joined, please continue to explore the site and feel free to post.  I'll give you a couple of links to help you get started.  I suggest you look at the many support groups to see if there's one that fits you situation. 

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

The Ashton Manual

Please tell us more about your benzo history so we'll be better able to help you.  It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you're here!  Please reach out for support-

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]