Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New Here and in need of advice

[He...]

Hi,

I have been on clonazepam 0.250 mg in the morning at 10:00 am and 0.250 mg at 16:00 pm for the past 3 weeks and am now in my 4th week beginning after trying to cut one of the doses at the advice of my doctor unsuccessfully.

I need advice with my tapering - my doctor is suggesting to start by cutting the 0.250 mg in half to 0.125 mg but I feel this may be extreme, as he first suggested to cut my afternoon dose after 21 days of taking clonazepam and I had horrible withrdrawal symptoms, so had to go back to taking my afternoon dose.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks so much!

Hi Heal0103, welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad to have you here!

There are a lot of people on here that are going through various stages of withdrawal from Clonazepam and also success stories from people who have come out the other side of it. I will give you a few links that you might find helpful. I'll start with the Ashton Manual which is used by a lot of people. It has a great tapering guide. Normally you'd want to stick to a reduction of no more than 5 or 10 percent at a time. Here is the link.

The Ashton Manual

I would also suggest posting this question on the Withdrawal Support board. It's a very helpful place to ask questions and get help from other members. This is that link.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Here is the link to take you to the board that has tapering advice.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Finally I'll also post the Success Stories page link. I find this helpful when I want to hear about people who have successfully tapered off of benzos.

Success Stories

I hope this helps. Feel free to also browse any other areas of the site as well. I am personally tapering off of Xanax and I can say that it's a good idea to let your symptoms be your guide. If your symptoms are too severe, it may be too drastic of a cut. Thanks for joining us!

Thanks so much for the welcome and the advice.

What are the best tools for cutting clonazepam? Clonazepam is such a small pill.

Any advice with be very much appreciated!

I would definitely ask that question on the Withdrawal Support board. I'll post that link again. Hopefully some people who are taking Clonazepam can weigh in. I use a pill cutter for my Xanax but it's not perfect and it's hard to get them split evenly. A lot of people use a scale to weigh the pills. Definitely post your question on that board!

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]