Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does anyone own an AliveCor EKG monitor for their SVT?

[Mi...]

Wondering if anyone has an AliveCor smart phone ekg system for the SVT they may have gotten from benzos. I've already been checked out by a cardiologist.

If so, is it worth it?

Does it work with Andriod or Apple only?

Any info helps.

Thanks

Miss Fortitude

Wondering if anyone has an AliveCor smart phone ekg system for the SVT they may have gotten from benzos. I've already been checked out by a cardiologist.

If so, is it worth it?

Does it work with Andriod or Apple only?

Any info helps.

Thanks

Miss Fortitude

I use it with Android, also have SVT but it just kind of shows a fast heart rate, I have the 6L(6 lead one). Trying to figure exactly what kind of SVT I have, it's either Aflutter or AVNRT. I'm praying for AVNRT though.

I don't know if it is worth it tbh, honestly sometimes the damn thing freaked me out worse than before I had it. It's also really hard to sit still for me when having SVT because my body goes into panic mode as well. It's a tool for sure.. but don't let it consume you.

I read your post the other day as well and my SVT starts exactly like yours, I'll get a big skipped beat then this rush of warmth over my body and feel dizzy then in about 5 seconds I've gone from 60/70/80 bpm to 140-175.

I had been given metoprolol for it, which made me BRUTALLY worse, 40 days off metoprolol after 3 weeks on it and I am still not right.

Hamburgertime (adorable name)

Thank you for your reply. I hope you get it solved and under control. Since lack of sleep can cause SVT and benzo tolerance & withdrawal cause so much insomnia, I wonder if that contributes to the SVT. ..

Insomnia does not help for sure, I think mine was being triggered following two generic muscle relaxants, I've kept having tons of episodes since the end of June, haven't had one in 6 days or so now.. which has been my longest stretch in a bit.. stress has been no friend of mine either. I feel like the beta blockers I was on actually made it worse/me worse. I didn't really get a taper off them as you did, was only on them three weeks ;\

I hope you get yours sorted out too!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]