Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Introduction

[ar...]

Hi,

I’m hoping to safely and successfully taper from 1 mg of prescribed klonopin. I have been on this dose for at least 5 years for sleep, mast cell activation and cfs/me. I have recently been diagnosed and am treating for sleep apnea. Now that my sleep issue is correctly diagnosed, I want to begin reducing my benzo dose. I have a history of a successful but very “painful” taper over 5 yrs ago after roughly 10 yrs of medical use. I do The taper took me an awful year. I don’t think I tapered smoothly. I was just slicing bits off of 2 mg tab. I do hope that it is still possible to taper down given my history of long time use.

Hello arie1mon :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very glad you joined our community. You have made a great decision to taper these drugs!    It sounds like your last taper was like mine ... I shaved bits off with a razor blade…wasn’t accurate,  I didn’t know any better.  I am sure you will be successful  again this time with a taper plan.  Be confident, be patient, and stay positive.  You can communicate  with other people here who are either tapering or have finished their tapers and they will share what worked and didn't work for them.  We can help you with support, encouragement and taper/withdrawal information. 

In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  You can taper slower than this, whatever feels comfortable,  the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

The Ashton Manual is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, I suggest you check it out.  It provides both taper and withdrawal information, it also includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

You might also like to post to this support group, 

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]