Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2 1/2 of Valium every 2 weeks

[Re...]

Has anyone cut 2 1/2 every two weeks on Valium and made out good. I’m on 7 in am and 15 in pm. I stay so tired all the time that I would like to try a little more without bad side effects. I am tapering 2 mg once a month now.

Do you mean cut 2.5 mgs every 2 weeks? Since you're on a total of 22 mgs, it does come out to about a 10% cut every 2 weeks. I like to cut 10% every month but everyone's different. Just remember after every cut the amount you cut the next time changes because you're taking 10% of a lower dose. For example after your next cut you'll be down to 19.5 mg and 10% of that is 1.95 mg.

I just want to cut down more so I will not be so tired all the time. I’m missing out on life just laying on the couch.I met my sister for lunch and went to one store and it wore me out. I really feel if I could get off more of this v I would feel more like doing things besides taking naps everyday. That was the first time I had been out in a while.

We all want to get off as soon as possible but we can only go as fast as our bodies will allow. If you're not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms I suppose you can go faster but remember Valium has a lag time between cuts and symptoms. Sometimes you won't feel the effects for weeks and by cutting too fast the symptoms will pile up and you'll get hit really hard and have to hold for months like I did

Thanks I was wondering about how long after you cut does withdrawal start?It’s been 10 days since I cut.Does it matter that I take 7 in am and 15 in pm? I just wondered if it’s better to be closer to same amount at night. It just 10 mg in am and it’s hard for me to function .

I think you could make cuts after 2 weeks if you're not feeling symptoms. However, the more you start to reduce, the more that will be quite a large cut. It's the same amount in mg but as a proportion of the dose you're on, the same size cut is bigger the more you reduce. So perhaps look at 1.5mg cuts for the foreseeable future? Reducing every 2 weeks instead of monthly makes your taper more than twice as fast which is a drastic change. I think you wouldn't be feeling drowsy but I think it could be a very difficult experience. So if you're going to reduce twice as often, why not try reducing by a little less? I think you'll get the balance right then.

Goof luck.  :o:yippee:

Thanks I was wondering about how long after you cut does withdrawal start?It’s been 10 days since I cut.Does it matter that I take 7 in am and 15 in pm? I just wondered if it’s better to be closer to same amount at night. It just 10 mg in am and it’s hard for me to function .

I don't think anyone can tell you how long it takes before WDs. Some feel it immediately some several weeks. Are you having any WD symptoms now? Just remember every time you cut you have to take 10% of you current dose.

I don't think it matters how you spread out your dose. I took all of mine at night because of the  same problems you're experiencing now- sedation. The only reason to spread it out is to prevent interdose WD which you apparently don't have.

Diazepam, I really don’t know how to cut the pills. I have 10mg and 2mg. I am terrible at math but I want to do things but can’t because I’m so lethargic. I was on 22 1/2 and he said cut the half to 20 mg. A day twice a day. Is the half he cut = to 2.50 mg?

Diazepam, I really don’t know how to cut the pills. I have 10mg and 2mg. I am terrible at math but I want to do things but can’t because I’m so lethargic. I was on 22 1/2 and he said cut the half to 20 mg. A day twice a day. Is the half he cut = to 2.50 mg?

Do you mean cut a 5 mg pill to equal 2.5 mg?  22.5 x 10%= 2.25 so I suppose it's close enough. I would ask your doctor for all 2 mg pills. It makes cutting so much easier. So your next cut would be 20 x 10%=2 mg.

Yes but that would be taking a lot of 2 mg pills when I cut to 20. I don’t know if I should stay where I’m at for a month or cut more and don’t know how much more I should cut. It’s frustrating sleeping every day!

If you're relatively symptom free I don't see why you couldn't keep cutting 10% of your current dose every 2 weeks. Just remember what I said about the lag time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]