Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My Struggle

[Su...]

Hello my name is Mark and I would just like to introduce myself as someone who has been on and off of benzodiazepine since I was 16 years old. Right now I'm 32 I've spent many years off of them and many years on them. Unfortunately I stumbled into the world of legal RC benzodiazepines in currently am struggling with a horrible addiction to clonazolam. My doctor prescribed me a half a milligram of Klonopin a day which obviously is not nearly enough to come down off of clonazolam especially when taking it amounts of 4 mg or more. I'm wondering if others on this form of had similar struggles and how they dealt with it I'm moving to South Florida soon and I'm looking for a doctor that can help me to come down and it safe and most comfortable manner as possible.

Hello Surnamealec6, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry to hear you're in this situation, it makes a challenging issue even more challenging.  We can help you figure out a taper, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two depending on your symptoms.  That's the thing, its difficult to find a Dr who will allow for a symptom based taper, but we need this in order to remain functional in our lives. 

I hope you can find a Dr who will at least prescribe you enough to allow you to taper slowly, we do have members who have faced this type of situation so perhaps you can start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) asking for suggestions.

When you're ready, take a look at our Planning your taper (Taper Plans) board to see the methods we support.

We're glad you found us and will do our best to help you out of this situation.

Pamster

Thanks so much for your kind words Pamster and congratulations on coming off of benzos finally they truly can be a miracle or a demonic force in our life I never knew what I was in for I would welcome any and all information on people that have success stories on coming off clonazolam I'm so desperate to come off of it and it changes my personality in ways that other benzos never did

We don't see a lot of Clonazolam use here but you may be able to use the search function on the Success Stories board to find some. 

And as I mentioned, it may be helpful to start a thread on the withdrawal support board using Clonazolam in the title to draw specific members with experience to your post.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]