Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Headaches and Depression

[sa...]

Has anyone suffered headaches and depression from PAWS?  Even though, I have been free of benzos for over a year and feeling much better, I have been having headaches, panic attacks and moments of depression. I was on Xanax, 1 mg for 20 years and Klonopin, 1 mg for 8 months.  Some days, I wonder how much longer this will go on. Has anyone else been on benzos for 20 years?

Hello Sailfree19

I think most people on PAWS do suffer from depression (to different extents) otherwise we would all be full of hope and happy.

My depression symptoms have worsened around month 6 and reduced around month 8; I have experienced very brief windows over the past 4 weeks where I felt positive and hopeful. It's hard to put in words, but it felt like a veil had been lifted off my face if that makes sense...?

Note that I am also tapering off amitriptyline and I suspect it doesn't help my benzo PAWS symptoms, including depression.

I tell myself it will eventually go away. I don't know when but it will. Some benzo survivors suffered from severe depression for 3 years and then, out of the blue, the depression went... so be patient. Read success stories.

SG

Has anyone suffered headaches and depression from PAWS?  Even though, I have been free of benzos for over a year and feeling much better, I have been having headaches, panic attacks and moments of depression. I was on Xanax, 1 mg for 20 years and Klonopin, 1 mg for 8 months.  Some days, I wonder how much longer this will go on. Has anyone else been on benzos for 20 years?

I am a 20yrs benzo user as prescribed. First 12 yrs on 1mg Xanax and last 8yrs on 1mg Klonopin. No other drugs or alcohol or any other supplements. I am now almost 7 mons off and feel like few things got better and few worse. Now my worse symptoms are  constant fear and DR/DP. I feel unreal or not connected to world or reality and it feels like just living a life for what ...Did you had these type of feelings.

you think with passage of time you improved?

Hello, I've been on Benzos for over 30 years, now I'm 13 months without Benzos. The first 10 months were hell, CT but it's getting better. I still have waves, but they're getting shorter. Windows only came after a year, sleep got better. My brain is burned. I was depressed, even thinking of suicide. BB helped me a lot, when I feel worse I watch BenzoBuddies. Over time, some symptoms disappeared and new ones kept coming. Go on, only that is the way. I am 65 years old and everyone who has been or is in the Benzo Hell knows how difficult it is to hold out. You don't know what tomorrow will be like. : thumbsup: Don't take supplements that don't help. Only do things that you know are good for you :). Many greetings and hope you feel better soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]