Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New and determined to heal

[La...]

Hello to all. Although today is my first day as a member, I'm excited to take on this war against what Ambien has done to me AND my family. I was taking it nightly for 6-7 years as prescribed by my doctor but NEVER more or more often. I finished my taper 82 days ago from 12.5mg CR. I'm very upset by the impact of symptoms that are plaguing me daily. I'm mostly bedridden each day but I REFUSE to let it win! I want my life back!

Hello LadyDen :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

Congratulations on being off Ambien  I'm sorry you've been going through such a difficult time.  Did you slow taper off!  Medications like Ambien work on the same receptors as benzodiazepines and need to be tapered gradually.  We have a very helpful and friendly community. Please feel free to ask questions, so that members can respond with the appropriate information.

I'm going to give you a link to a Z drug support and also the Ashton Manual.  While the manual mainly addresses benzos, there is some information about the z drugs, such as Ambien.

Professor Ashtons Manual

Z-DRUG SUPPORT GROUP

If you would like to add a signature line, that will appear at the bottom of each post, describing your medication history. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

:thumbsup:thx for the warm welcome. Yes I tapered very slowly under the supervision of my fairly new doctor and neurologist. She was absolutely amazing in helping me to get off the Ambien. She was ignorant that Ambien being a non-benzo would do this much harm to me. She took her time and researched in order to help me. I had to come off the Ambien CR first to adjust to regular type then after stabilizing started the remaining taper. Saying it was HARD is an understatement! I tapered over 10 months. I'm on day 82 free of Ambien.

:thumbsup: thx for the warm welcome. Yes I tapered very slowly under the supervision of my fairly new doctor and neurologist. She was absolutely amazing in helping me to get off the Ambien. She was ignorant that Ambien being a non-benzo would do this much harm to me. She took her time and researched in order to help me. I had to come off the Ambien CR first to adjust to regular type then after stabilizing started the remaining taper. Saying it was HARD is an understatement! I tapered over 10 months. I'm on day 82 free of Ambien.

I am glad you had a  supportive doctor  LadyDen,  its so good to hear that she took the trouble to do some research.    I can only imagine how tough it was coming of your Ambien CR. Well done to you on 82 days free...give yourself a pat on the back from me, its not easy coming off these drugs!

It does get better

Magrita :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]