Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Losing Faith/Jerking

[AK...]

Have been Benzo free for about three months.  Was on Klonopin for about 20 years.  I am really struggling and having a hard time believing that my symptoms are from withdrawal.  The newest and most concerning is the jerks as I drift off to sleep.  My mind is convinced that this is from an underlying disease process (yes I googled it unfortunately).  Additionally, I read that there are a significant amount of naysayers regarding the validity of protracted withdrawal, so I don't know what to believe.  The other hallmark issues I have are constant dull headaches and ringing in the ears.  I have had a rough few days and cannot sleep.  I am beyond scared at this point.  Any help or experiences you had are helpful.  Thanks

I get those but mostly wake up after only 2 hrs sleep. Woke up at 12:30 after going to bed at 20, then wierd half sleep half wake. Feel terrible so I know I didn’t fully go back to sleep, then had cortisol surge panic attack at 3. If I fall asleep during the day it’s only for a few seconds then I jerk awake

I tapred for about 6 months from 3 mg daily to . 5 mg. Jumped off at .5 per the doctors orders.  Not fun.

Did you experience the jerking at night?

Google search "hypnic jerk". It is very prevalent amongst the general population and nothing that should alarm you, although I understand that it is a challenging symptom to put up with. For advice, it is hard to say much more than try to stay calm and unflustered, if it keeps happening get out of bed for a short while. There's not a lot which can be done about it. It is a cruel symptom of poor/broken sleep but it will pass.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]