Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dental anesthetics?

[Ca...]

Hi all!

I’m wondering if anyone has had dental work done while they were tapering diazepam? 

I’m currently on a hold and feeling pretty stable. In the past, (pre benzos), I had a reaction to epinephrine during a minor skin surgery (local anesthetic contained it). 

I have two small cavities that I’m getting filled next week. The dentist thinks I can probably get away without using any numbing. I know most Novocain contains epinephrine and I’ve already worked it out with my dentist to not give me anything that contains epinephrine, if I need to use anything at all.

My question is- has anyone used a local dental anesthetic successfully without any bad side effects while tapering diazepam?  If so, which anesthetic did your dentist use? 

I appreciate all input!  :smitten:

I just went to the dentist a few weeks ago, Candice. I was afraid I would be sent into a wave too but I felt fine. In fact I felt even better after the infection was taken care of. But as they say, everybody's different. Good luck

I just went to the dentist a few weeks ago, Candice. I was afraid I would be sent into a wave too but I felt fine. In fact I felt even better after the infection was taken care of. But as they say, everybody's different. Good luck

Thank you for the share!  I’m glad you were alright!  I’m terrified that I’m going to have some kind of crazy reaction to it. I’m so sensitive to everything. Isn’t it nuts that I’m more terrified of the injection and their “medicine”, than the actual drilling itself?

I have had a lot of dental work done while tapering with no problems.  This includes a root canal, an extraction, implants put into jaw.

On all of them I have had novacaine injections or some type of numbing injections to numb the area on all of the dental work.  But you mentioned that you had a reaction to epinephrine.  I don't think I have ever had an issue with epinephrine.  I wish there was more I can say.  I hope that things go well for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]