Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My Expereiences With The Benzo Beast.

[Pa...]

hi pebbles - some people are intolerant to valium - sounds like that could be your problem.

pebbles were you this sick before your cold turkey??

did you get sicker when you crossed over to valium?

when did you start getting this sick before the cold turkey?  or after?  did valium make it worse?  please respond to each question.

I had health problems before the c/t but "no"..I was not this sick...I was still working....however things were not going well because I could not sleep so they had me on ativan and xanax for the insomnia which is what I c/t's from...I was left to suffer (literally for about 3 or 4 weeks)...ended up in a stress center outpatient...actually worse now than I was then....but I am not going back...they put me on 1.5 Klonopin and i weaned rapidly from that while still being in a c/t state....so that was c/t number 2...basically got to .5 in about 3 months from 1.5...then I crossed to valium...the valium has not helped...i cry more now and physically I am alot weaker but I was this sick on the Klonopin too....so i don't know if it is the valium or just that so much time has passed and I am getting weaker and sicker with the withdrawal and definitely not coping at all....if I am intolerant to the valium what choice do I have?  The physical addiction is so very strong....my body should have healed just a little from the c/t and I should be seeing some relief a little but I'm not...dizziness is new...the deep dark depression is more severe and the physical symptoms are worsening even when I hold a cut...my digestive tract is shot...I am losing weight...

Re: My Expereiences With The Benzo Beast.

« Reply #26 on: Today at 02:17:27 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

I had health problems before the c/t but "no"..I was not this sick...I was still working....however things were not going well because I could not sleep so they had me on ativan and xanax for the insomnia which is what I c/t's from...I was left to suffer (literally for about 3 or 4 weeks)...ended up in a stress center outpatient...actually worse now than I was then....but I am not going back... (/quote)/

ok so you were not sick until you went through a cold turkey

(quote) they put me on 1.5 Klonopin and i weaned rapidly from that while still being in a c/t state....so that was c/t number 2...basically got to .5 in about 3 months from 1.5...then I crossed to valium...the valium has not helped...i cry more now and physically I am alot weaker but I was this sick on the Klonopin too....

while still being in a cold turkey state they started  klonopin - you were sick - then crossed to valium (DO YOU KNOW IF THE VALIUM MADE YOU SICKER?

(/quote) so i don't know if it is the valium or just that so much time has passed and I am getting weaker and sicker with the withdrawal and definitely not coping at all....if I am intolerant to the valium what choice do I have?  The physical addiction is so very strong....my body should have healed just a little from the c/t and I should be seeing some relief a little but I'm not...dizziness is new...the deep dark depression is more severe and the physical symptoms are worsening even when I hold a cut...my digestive tract is shot...I am losing weight.../(/quote)/

I had some health problems before the benzos....but not like this....yes...the health problems I had are now out of control....I am not sure if the valium has made me worse...I just don't know of anyone who is in hell like this for this many months day after day during a taper...I am always ready EVERYDAY to go check myself in....I do feel things are worse...I just don't know that it should be this bad....

no pebbles it should not be - did we already address that it was worse on valium?  it would be good to know if it is just the cold turkey or cold turkey and Valium.

if the valium did not make any difference then i do not have a clue - if the valium made it worse then changing out your valium for something else might work.

but i am no expert just trying to narrow down what exactly is the problem,

Yes, that is a worry for everyone, but really the research I have done indicates that you will return to a functioning happy person, if you were that pre benzo.  The body has remarkable ability to heal itself.  Try eating more meats, fish, and chicken if you can handle it...I heard that amino acids were good for the taper and meats, etc. seem to contain more of those than anything.  I have also seen that people start craving beef toward the end of the taper.  Seems weird, the correlation.  Take care. Janus

I always have a taste for burgers, fish, and chicken, those are the only foods I still like now!!! I just LOVE BIG MACS, even if it makes me feel sorta sick in the morning I still love them!!! Is that benzo withdrawal related?  I can not stand sweets anymore, I used to love them. But now, just eating more than just a little, makes me sorta feel a little nauseated.

I donj't know if the valium has made it worse or if it is because of the whole history or what is happening....has anyone been this bad?

Do you have any outside stress?

No...just feel sick in my body and head everyday...bedbound mostly...no energy ...severe bad headaches and sick to my stomach all the time...bad depression....I'm scared as it seems this shouldn't be this bad and something is wrong or others have not been in this shape for this many months...I am I hurting myself by tapering...part of the problem is that I started tapering while already very sick ...so things have just gotten worse..

No...just feel sick in my body and head everyday...bedbound mostly...no energy ...severe bad headaches and sick to my stomach all the time...bad depression....I'm scared as it seems this shouldn't be this bad and something is wrong or others have not been in this shape for this many months...I am I hurting myself by tapering...part of the problem is that I started tapering while already very sick ...so things have just gotten worse..

The best time to start the taper is when your feeling healthy. I'm sorry to hear that your still going though a hard time. I didn't experiance what you did for nearly as long, just a month about. I quit cold turkey, but I had someone who would help hold me up, when I started to feel down.  Thats the only reason why I'm able to do well, is my hubby does very good, helping to keep my head above the water (depression). If i wasn't with him, I would still be on those pills.  I know you don't want to get dependant on anything else, but for the nasuea, I found emetrol to work decently well (and its not a CNS depressant) its more just sugar (so if your diabetic you probley won't be able to take it thoe, but if not, it may help you decently well)  Do you eat fish or chicken? I found that eating those, help me with energy, and plus I do drink dr. pepper too, but only like 1 can a day or 1 can of orange soda.

Hope You get to feeling better soon,

Take Care,

Becky