Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Vallium hell

[Bi...]

Hello,

I was initially prescribed Vallium (10mg) and an SSRI 18 months ago for PTSD and generalised anxiety disorder accumulated from Military Service. My dose of Vallium increased until I was taking up to 40mg per day due to tolerance. One month ago I began the taper down to nothing which to me feels like a CT. I can’t eat, have tremors, anxiety, racing thoughts and depression had come back. Each day seems to get worse with my stomach pain and diharrea being the worst. My mind is cloudy and I haven’t been to work for 7 days and the guilt of that alone is distressing. I can’t afford to loose my job as I’ve only been there for 2 months. When will this nightmare and dread end constantly feel sick and appetite is nothing. I feel hunger pangs but don’t want to eat and when I do eat my stomach feels like a bottomless Pitt of emptiness.

[af...]

Hello Bigbear1111 and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Oh dear, no wonder you are having such rough symptoms; that was quite a rapid taper you had.  Of course it feels like cold turkey since it was the next thing to it.  I'm glad you have found us and are joining for support.  I do hear your concern about your job but I see how it would be very tough to work right now.  I've given you a link to the Post-withdrawl message board:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Here is another board that might be helpful to you:

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Get your footing here and when you feel ready, you can start a thread.  Let us know how we can help you.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]