Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help With Taper: Ativan .5

[ch...]

Newbie here. I have been taking .5 Ativan (generally once per day) for 2 1/2 months, daily, pushing myself to extend the time between the doses, thinking that was the best way to break free. I've gotten to the point where I can't push the dose further without horrible withdrawl symptoms. That's when I did some research on how to medically taper the Ativan. Last night I began cutting my dose down to .375 and today was pretty harsh. Perhaps I cut too much at once?

Would someone please help me create a dry tapering plan based on my dosage?

Would a month be sufficient to cover a medically sound tapering?

Is it better to I split my tapered dose between morning and evening?

Also, the scale linked in another thread is not currently available on Amazon. Can someone please recommend a good alternative?

Many thanks.

Most Ativan users will dose several times a day to combat interdose withdrawal.

I don't like to see time based tapers, I feel tapering according to your symptoms is much better.  Small reductions and holding for longer if you're feeling too rough is a much better idea so you can remain functional in your life.  As for creating a plan, it's best to keep things fluid so you can adjust as necessary. 

About your dose reduction to .375, I wonder if dosing twice a day before you consider going back up would help you feel better?  Or the problem could be you weren't stable when you made your cut since you've been trying to push the time when you take it.  It's best to start your taper from a stable position but you may come to the conclusion that you reduced by too much and it would be best to go back up, stabilize then begin again at a lower reduction rate.

As for a scale, I see this one was in stock a couple of days ago.

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g)

[/nobbc]

About your dose reduction to .375, I wonder if dosing twice a day before you consider going back up would help you feel better?  Or the problem could be you weren't stable when you made your cut since you've been trying to push the time when you take it.  It's best to start your taper from a stable position but you may come to the conclusion that you reduced by too much and it would be best to go back up, stabilize then begin again at a lower reduction rate.

As for a scale, I see this one was in stock a couple of days ago.

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g)

[/nobbc]

Pamster: I am going to take your advice and since I did only one day at .375, I will move back to .5 split twice a day for two weeks. Once I'm stable, I'll begin tapering. Maybe not as big of a cut as I initially anticipated, but one that will be slow and steady.

The Amazon scale link is still showing as UNAVALABLE.

I feel you made the right decision, good planning is key to a taper.  I'm sorry the scale is unavailable, I know Covid has really messed up the supply chain but you've bought yourself more time by deciding to hold so you can keep checking.  I'm sure any scale that registers the grams you'll need will work just as well. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]