Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Grateful to have found this board

[ch...]

I have been using Ativan (.5, sometimes 1.0) every 18-36 hours for the last 2 1/2 months. This may sound wimpy to those of you who have battled this beast longer, and with greater doses, but I assure you, it's very substantial and real to me.

I'm not entirely sure it's the Ativan causing my insomnia, or a combination of other factors, but having read through many of these posts already, I'm certain my body is developing a dependence as I'm finding it less effective and am wanting a higher dose to achieve the same level of relaxation.

Hello charis-eleos :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here.  Please  don’t knock yourself,  the length of time or size  of dose! doesn’t matter with these drugs  Many of us reach tolerance level, some of us sooner than others,  It can happen in a matter of days/weeks.  The good news is you’ve not been on them a long time.  Withdrawal is awful but its temporary, you will recover.  You'll find plenty of information and support on the forum to help you on your journey to be free  Please feel free to post questions so members can respond.

Are you familiar with ashtons manual, Professor Ashtons Manual  Its a great resource about benzodiazepines.  Its recommended reducing between 5 - 10% every 10/14 days, but it’s okay to alter this schedule.  You can taper a little slower/quicker whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep any symptoms manageable.

Here are a few links to some resources:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

You might also like to post to this support group, 

Ativan Tapering Support Thread

We have a dedicated board for insomnia issues  I'll give you links  so you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Insomnia 

If you would like to add a signature  (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]