Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hives

[st...]

Dies anyone get hives when showering or taking a bath?  The water makes my skin all red and gives me small raised bumps that itch. I’ve searched it and saw other people mention it in the past.

I got hives for sure but never associated them with taking a shower/bath. I always thought it seemed like I was getting a weird allergic reaction to something, even though prior to benzos I never had hives before. They usually lasted a week or two for me before they disappeared on their own.

I got hives for sure but never associated them with taking a shower/bath. I always thought it seemed like I was getting a weird allergic reaction to something, even though prior to benzos I never had hives before. They usually lasted a week or two for me before they disappeared on their own.

Ah ok. Yeah mine is like a water allergy. They go away in about an hour after but even my own sweat and the pool does it. It’s bizarre. This started for me on benzos but I feel like it’s gotten much worse.

I had hives, rash, all over me.  Big welts.  Itchy, too.  Gone now at 19 months.  Occasional mild itch, is all that remains.  Can't remember accurately, but think I got them about <6 months off. 

I don't know what it is about water, but sometimes felt rain on my skin when it wasn't raining.  A bit phobic, stinging too, when under the shower.  This has completely resolved.  I guess our primitive ancestors felt fear when emerging from the water, hit land, and couldnt swim.  😂

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]