Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hunted

[Wi...]

I have a constant feeling of being hunted. I have a very hard time relaxing. It's like I have flight mode on all the time. I just feel like moving to another country. I just want to escape. I'm 3 months off Valium and even if I felt like this while I still was on it, I feel worse now. I mean. While using benzo I at least could get calm some time. But now I have no natural way to calm down.

Any one that experience this constant feeling of being hunted? When will it go away?

I used to wish I could go to a hospital so they could put me in a coma until I recovered, just longing for escape so I get what you mean about moving, the trouble is, we take ourselves with us. 

All of this stuff goes away when we recover, I know it's difficult to believe this because of the unending fear we feel but it does.  I couldn't calm down either, couldn't relax so I just kept going, working full time, doing house projects, walking anything to distract myself from the symptoms.

Have you read this post?  What is happening in your brain

I have a constant feeling of being hunted. I have a very hard time relaxing. It's like I have flight mode on all the time. I just feel like moving to another country. I just want to escape. I'm 3 months off Valium and even if I felt like this while I still was on it, I feel worse now. I mean. While using benzo I at least could get calm some time. But now I have no natural way to calm down.

Any one that experience this constant feeling of being hunted? When will it go away?

Don't feel hunted just feel I never have any peace of mind and brain constantly on high alert. Almost if I have brief moment of calm it's searching for something else to obsess over. I've also wished I could

be put into a coma and wake up normal! I felt awful on AD anyway, must be worse if you got some relief on the Valium.

To piggyback on what Pamster wrote you-  it helps to remind yourself that in withdrawal the fear center of your brain is trying to re-establish equilibrium - As it tries to recalibrate it fires of fear signals all over the place - this is why we feel gripped in the gut by fear - but instead of being based in reality it's a phenomenon created by your brain.  The very best way of coping seems to be, as Pamster said, distracting yourself with activities - to shift your attention away from the uneasy feelings.

The fear will lift as you heal and as you develop tools for soothing yourself.

that’s a horrible feeling. i found exercise made it go away for me. especially jogging.” if i’m being hunted, they won’t catch me!!” that’s how i got through it.

best wishes we will heal!!!  :)

[7f...]
I wanna escape from my body and mind I feel trapped. And I cant run away. Fight and flight yes. Its amygdala the fear center which is in severe stress, and danger say the brain..run...fight or play dead. I think my dissociative loose time, stare into nothing, just loose connection with me and things, ppl around me is a play dead thing...freeze mode I used to wanna run out from home or in a car get that flight feeling. Its better but still there...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]