Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Full access to my long term memory

[28...]

[28...]

And today. I have full access to my long term memory. Dont know what has happen. All memories even from being as young as 4 years old is super clear. Its like my brain fog and DP with poor memory function has lifted so much its too much. The memories I have getting back is racing one after another I cant catch it and stay in it. It passing by in ultra rapid speed.

Whats going on now? Always something new.

From having amnesia last week to this. My brain gets exhausted. I remember good things but also things I have repressed for a long time...Anyone else experiense this?

It makes no sense bc I dont think about this with my will it just pops up...

Very normal for withdrawal sundanceshaman. This is from the Ashton manual.

“ Intrusive memories. A fascinating symptom in patients undergoing benzodiazepine withdrawal is that they often mention the occurrence of what seem to be intrusive memories. Their minds will suddenly conjure up a vivid memory of someone they have not thought about or seen for years. Sometimes the other person's face will appear when looking in the mirror. The memory seems uncalled for and may recur, intruding on other thoughts. The interesting thing about these memories is that they often start to occur at the same time that vivid dreams appear; these may be delayed until one or more weeks after the dosage tapering has started. Since recent sleep research indicates that certain stages of sleep (REMS and SWS) are important for memory functions, it is likely that the dreams and the memories are connected. In both cases the phenomena may herald the beginning of a return in normal memory functions and, although sometimes disturbing, can be welcomed as a sign of a step towards recovery.

Poor memory and concentration are also features of benzodiazepine withdrawal, and are probably due to continued effects of the drug. Mentors should be prepared to repeat encouragements again and again, week after week, as their words are soon forgotten.” - 

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

[28...]

Very normal for withdrawal sundanceshaman. This is from the Ashton manual.

“ Intrusive memories. A fascinating symptom in patients undergoing benzodiazepine withdrawal is that they often mention the occurrence of what seem to be intrusive memories. Their minds will suddenly conjure up a vivid memory of someone they have not thought about or seen for years. Sometimes the other person's face will appear when looking in the mirror. The memory seems uncalled for and may recur, intruding on other thoughts. The interesting thing about these memories is that they often start to occur at the same time that vivid dreams appear; these may be delayed until one or more weeks after the dosage tapering has started. Since recent sleep research indicates that certain stages of sleep (REMS and SWS) are important for memory functions, it is likely that the dreams and the memories are connected. In both cases the phenomena may herald the beginning of a return in normal memory functions and, although sometimes disturbing, can be welcomed as a sign of a step towards recovery.

Poor memory and concentration are also features of benzodiazepine withdrawal, and are probably due to continued effects of the drug. Mentors should be prepared to repeat encouragements again and again, week after week, as their words are soon forgotten.” - 

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

it's like the brain has found these old memories and when I focus it comes up more and more to the surface. I also have very real lucid dreams. It's a little uncomfortable at the same time because I can not stop them. but at the same time I welcome them so much because I remember my life. it has been completely black in my memory completely empty. so this is a good sign. welcome it thanks for your reply

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]