Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

[Li...]

Hi, I am new to seeking help and support in this way so if I say something inappropriate or misunderstood, please just help me out. I am currently on valium as a step down approach from xanax that kicked my ass. This is not my 1st experience with addictive prescribed drugs. I do want to get better and possibly help out others.

Hello Liz62555 :hug:  and welcome to benzobuddies

We are very glad you decided to join our community.  You will get better Liz!  I was like you,  it was my first time joining a forum, asking for help,  I think it’s the same for many of us.  It turned out to be the best decision I ever made, i am sure it will be for you as well.    We have a great bunch of people here, who will support and encourage you. I suggest you do some research, check out the taper boards and post questions. 

In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  You can taper slower, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

The Ashton Manual is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body,  I would suggest you check it out.  The manual also provides taper and withdrawal information

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Valium/Diazepam Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]