Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bone pain?

[cr...]

Do any of y’all have bone pain? I thought my back was hurting because of muscle pain, but it feels like it’s my spine. And I’ve noticed my bones just tend to hurt. Also, what is best for pain? I really hate taking any medication and I take hot baths when it gets bad.

Do any of y’all have bone pain? I thought my back was hurting because of muscle pain, but it feels like it’s my spine. And I’ve noticed my bones just tend to hurt. Also, what is best for pain? I really hate taking any medication and I take hot baths when it gets bad.

Are you able to exercise a bit?

Please check your vitamin D levels and go for a DEXA scan to check your bone density levels. I got bone pain in my 3rd month. I'm 34 and they said I've osteoporosis. I'd a severe set back. They couldn't figure out what was the cause except my Vitamin D & Hormone levels were low.

I was put on Vitamin D monthly and Calcium for one year.

But slowly my bone pain improved. But I still get bone pain randomly. I've not done my 2nd DEXA yet. But I feel that the Benzos are to blame.

If you have a prior condition before benzo than after taking benzo that condition can worsen as benzoz change hormone levels in the body and that hormones levels directly effects bone density and strength. My testosterone levels are still very low and this hormone directly effects the bone density.

Its level has increased since last year but the improvement is very slow.

So in benzos withdrawal because of hormones imblance you will feel all sort of issues and it will take time to recover. Pay attention to your diet. You need more calories, vitamins and proteins to stay healthy and recover quickly. Exercise daily but not aggressively.

Are you able to exercise a bit?

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I exercise everyday. I walk a ton, usually around 8-12 miles a day. But ive done that for years.

Please check your vitamin D levels and go for a DEXA scan to check your bone density levels. I got bone pain in my 3rd month. I'm 34 and they said I've osteoporosis. I'd a severe set back. They couldn't figure out what was the cause except my Vitamin D & Hormone levels were low.

I was put on Vitamin D monthly and Calcium for one year.

But slowly my bone pain improved. But I still get bone pain randomly. I've not done my 2nd DEXA yet. But I feel that the Benzos are to blame.

If you have a prior condition before benzo than after taking benzo that condition can worsen as benzoz change hormone levels in the body and that hormones levels directly effects bone density and strength. My testosterone levels are still very low and this hormone directly effects the bone density.

Its level has increased since last year but the improvement is very slow.

So in benzos withdrawal because of hormones imblance you will feel all sort of issues and it will take time to recover. Pay attention to your diet. You need more calories, vitamins and proteins to stay healthy and recover quickly. Exercise daily but not aggressively.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I had a full panel of blood work done two months ago and all looked fine. I’m pretty young and exercise everyday and eat pretty healthy. I’m just thinking this is another symptom I’ll have to work through maybe.

Thanks Raiz, thanks everyone.

I had osteoporosis pre benzo's, but felt sure it worsened following their use.  I read an article hypothesising benzo's contributed to osteoporosis which my then psychiatrist confirmed.  I think benzo's definitely contribute. 

I have adverse reaction to Prolia and other such drugs so can only practice the good advices here as to exercise, diet, etc.  I'm trying to Quit smoking as KNOW it's an absolute contributor.  Have reduced a lot, but need to stop.  So hard throughout such stressful times.  No excuses, I know.    :-\

So glad we have stopped these terrible drugs. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]