Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mood swings

[Be...]

Does anyone get mood swings that cycle throughout the day.Also feeling anger and not wanting to talk.

Easily irritated. I used to be a very positive person full of joy 24/7.It was so rare to find me down.

Anyone and does it get better or this is the new me now.

I think these are some of the most common mental symptoms. For me they were the biggest issues during my taper and I noticed a lot of others with the same issues.

It's not that you used to be a very positive person, you are a very positive person who has temporarily had the positivity beaten out of them (and everything else). When this is done, you won't be exactly the same person as before but personality traits that are unmistakably you will come to the fore once more. Of course this isn't you. You will come through it.

Does anyone get mood swings that cycle throughout the day.Also feeling anger and not wanting to talk.

Easily irritated. I used to be a very positive person full of joy 24/7.It was so rare to find me down.

Yes!! I get very angry some days and I have also very close to tears. I am VERY emotional all the time and feel alone and sad even when I'm around people. You're not alone!

I think these are some of the most common mental symptoms. For me they were the biggest issues during my taper and I noticed a lot of others with the same issues.

It's not that you used to be a very positive person, you are a very positive person who has temporarily had the positivity beaten out of them (and everything else). When this is done, you won't be exactly the same person as before but personality traits that are unmistakably you will come to the fore once more. Of course this isn't you. You will come through it.

Did they ease after you jumped. How are you doing currently?

Yes!! I get very angry some days and I have also very close to tears. I am VERY emotional all the time and feel alone and sad even when I'm around people. You're not alone!

Sorry that you dealing with this too.How are you managing and is it improving?

totally normal Bexlan..You know I'm only a little ahead of you but I have def felt the shifts in mood and getting super annoyed with truly small things.

Then my

'thick skin" has definitely become thin, and I can feel "hurt " easily.

Like the other day my teen made a typical snide teen comment that normally I would have blown off bc of their intense hormonal shifts, but instead I started crying! I took it personal. Crazy.  ::)

totally normal Bexlan..You know I'm only a little ahead of you but I have def felt the shifts in mood and getting super annoyed with truly small things.

Then my

'thick skin" has definitely become thin, and I can feel "hurt " easily.

Like the other day my teen made a typical snide teen comment that normally I would have blown off bc of their intense hormonal shifts, but instead I started crying! I took it personal. Crazy.  ::)

Just know it gets hard at times when you having very low motivation to plan for the future. Everyday you thinking about withdrawal.

Didn't know I would be in such a loop.

It's hard but I will try to stay very mindful this week. If I get triggered by something I will just try to observe my breath and don't try to act on my feelings. Unfortunately it's very hard for my to keep healthy relationships at the moment.

It's hard but I will try to stay very mindful this week. If I get triggered by something I will just try to observe my breath and don't try to act on my feelings. Unfortunately it's very hard for my to keep healthy relationships at the moment.

Mindfulness is good though it needs a little dedication. I guess if constantly practiced it can be a life changer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]