Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7+ Months Off, Worse I've Felt

[JB...]

Hi All

I understand the concept of waves/windows and nonlinear recovery.  However, I jumped 7+ months ago and my physical symptoms have worsened significantly in the last few weeks.  About two months ago, I was feeling mild improvement, but now I feel worse than when I jumped.  I am beginning to fear that this is something more than withdrawal.  Has anyone else endured something similar and eventually recovered?

Thanks!

Hello j benzo,

Your not alone I'm exactly where you are but I'm 5 months out. My window

lasted 2 1/2 weeks. Now 1 week and still going on, one of my worse wave im ever feeling right now. Keeps flipping back and forth. We have to hang in there and keeping fighting even if it feels painful.

I am about 7 months out and have experienced the same things that you are. I’ll get some kind of new symptom and it will drive me absolutely crazy until I realize it is actually withdrawal. Seems like when this happens another new symptom comes and I start all over again.......very frustrating!

For me, it was really bad for the first 6-8 months and then it got much worse.  I noticed very small improvement around month 20 and those feelings of improvement would come for only a few minutes here and there.  At month 22 I noticed a small change for the better overall.  Now, just past 24 months, I can feel more small changes for the better.  I have a long way to go, but healing is starting to happen for me. 

I went forward and backward for a year and a half.  In a way I still am, but things are slowly changing for the better.  Even at 24 months off I still get new symptoms as well as old one's that come back out of no where.

Hang in there.

[55...]

I’m really sorry to hear you are suffering.  Gosh any month prior to 12 was really hard for me.  I think month 10 was a little better...but 11 was rough. I had a tendency, and still do, to forget that healing is nonlinear.  So although I am feel well it does not mean that I will continue to get better and better, waves and windows...waves and windows.  The mental pain is hard for me and the fatigue...it’s super challenging to wake up a nervous wreck everyday too, but I am finding ways to manage.

I think acceptance and self care were calming to me.  Take care, I hope you feel better soon.

Love

Fiercey

• 1 year later...

For me, it was really bad for the first 6-8 months and then it got much worse.  I noticed very small improvement around month 20 and those feelings of improvement would come for only a few minutes here and there.  At month 22 I noticed a small change for the better overall.  Now, just past 24 months, I can feel more small changes for the better.  I have a long way to go, but healing is starting to happen for me. 

I went forward and backward for a year and a half.  In a way I still am, but things are slowly changing for the better.  Even at 24 months off I still get new symptoms as well as old one's that come back out of no where.

Hang in there.

How is it now ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]