Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help in Florida

[As...]

Hello I am currently taking 1mg Clonazepam twice a day. I want to find a Doctor familiar with the Ashton Method and willing to work with me to form a taper plan. I am in South Florida. Any help would be appreciated

Hello Ashtonfan1, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It sounds like you're familiar with Professor Ashton's work, this is good, although I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have finding a Dr familiar with her work.  This organization has a list of Dr's but they don't guarantee you'll find someone using it.  https://www.benzoinfo.com/

We can help you taper directly from the Clonazepam if you wish, most of our members do a direct taper from their current benzo, I'll point you to the Planning your taper (Taper Plans) and Withdrawal Support (during your taper) boards in case you'd like to check out our taper suggestions and speak to members who are currently tapering.

Are you experiencing symptoms, how long have you taken the Clonazepam?

Let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Hi Pamster,

I have been taking Clonazepam for 7 years now. I have tried a few tapers recommended from my doctor but they are always way to rapid! I feel terrible rather quickly and end up right back at the 2 milligrams. Somehow I am able to feel ok at that level but I am over being a prisoner to the meds. thanks for the reply! I will look at the links you sent.

We recommend tapering your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms will allow, we believe in symptom based tapers, it's important to remain functional as you've found out.

Let us know if we can help you figure out a taper directly from the Clonazepam by starting a thread on the direct taper board.  Or if you can get a Dr to prescribe Valium, we can help you with that too on the substitution board.  Most of our members use their Dr's as prescribers while taking their taper in their own hands because as you've found out, they taper us too rapidly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]