Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

To jump or not to jump

[Oc...]

Down to 0.7 mg Valium

I’m aware Ashton Manual says 1mg

But we all taper to 0.2 or 0.5 worst case

I’ve now hit intolerable spacisity. First groin now back now butt. Groin alone has lasted since last Dec. So if I take it and feel worse? Should I just bloody jump ! (Thinking outload ! Not asking)

Anyone else’s thoughts???

just know that jumping will not necessarily provide relief. Even with a proper taper some ppl still experience some wd symptoms.

Reducing more is safer. Ultimately its your choice, just  be prepared to be uncomfortable it can be a bit rough.

Thanks for the response

Absolutely! I’m not looking for relief, I’m trying to gage  ? Is it worth it ? If I’m suffering anyway will I suffer more by jumping? I have heard of people that suffered awfully towards the end and jumping was the right action and worked well. Trouble is it’s unpredictable!

If you was to ask me and me be honest! I’d say taking it is probably just making it worse now this low. Uhhhhmmmm 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So nice to hear others opinions though

I jumped from .48 mg last Fall and was totally unprepared for how awful I felt. I ended up reinstating 4 days later and here I am still tapering. I encourage you to taper lower and maybe hold or slow down to let your body adjust.

Wow ! I may hold

Again thanks

I see your taper was quite fast ! Although you jumped it’s very possible it was catching up with you ? I’ve spent 1year going from 3 to 0.68

That’s very slow

That’s 1.15 per six months

You did well tapering down slowly from 3 to now at 0.7 in almost 2 yrs.

I jumped at 0.1 mg it was like the whole house burned down just couple days after

If I were you, I would continue the marathon until like 0.1mg.

Everyone is different but taking the chance can be life changing. 6 more month being patience can be life saving

Thanks dude

How are you doing now ?? 

That’s also kinda what I mean ! Some taper super low and are still bad. I will continue to at least 0.5.

I will give it some serious thought!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]