Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Introduction

[An...]

i originally got onto this site because a friend was struggling terribly with benzos back in 2014.  I wanted to understand why she had such withdrawals from listening to others and how they were able to cope and thus be successful (with their ups & downs). I never really got to help her myself, as I ended up giving her this website to look into. I had been prescribed Xanax back in 2000 when my blood pressure spiked after changing jobs (and several new bp meds, but each one made me dizzy & washed out), but I took a half of a Xanax pill and nothing changed in my bp, so I never took any more. I think I still have the bottle in my dresser drawer.  Now I have another friend who is struggling terribly, so I am back to listening mode again.

Hello AndreaK :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

Thank you on joining for advice and support for friends, it’s a very kind and wonderful gesture.  I am sure it will help you understand what happened to you as well.  Benzo withdrawal can be challenging, it can also be frightening.  I hope you can encourage your friend  to join us too.  To have a friend or a family member’s support,  means a lot to us going through this process.  It’s also important to have support from people who understand whats happening to them.  We have a great community,  our members are caring and supportive.  Please feel free to post questions so members can respond

Benzodiazepines should be tapered off slowly,  It is suggested reducing between 5% and 10% of the daily dose every 10 - 14 days.  This schedule can be altered depending how you feel, some need to taper slower, whatever feels comfortable.  I would also suggest you check out the, The Ashton Manual  It is a great resource for understanding the effect these drugs have on our body. 

I will leave a couple of links, you might like to check out.

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

If you care to add a signature listing some history of meds/doses etc,  it helps members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]