Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Unable to nap??

[Me...]

I’m exhausted due to lack of sleep and I laid down for a few minutes to listen to positive affirmations. I fell asleep 3 times, but my brain woke me up immediately each time with adrenaline surges. Now I’m tired and feel even crappier than before thanks to the surges.

I have this happen a lot. I can’t nap during the day or evening, and far into the night most nights. Is this common?? I’m 5 weeks into a setback. Will I be able to nap again someday?

I haven’t been able to nap for the entire 18 months I was titrating and since I took my last dose a year ago. I used to be able to nap like a baby. It totally sucks.

My nighttime sleep is not great. Some nights I fall asleep within an hour but I’m up throughout the night. Once in a great while I can get some decent sleep and only wake up maybe twice. But I never sleep through the night ever.

I can't nap either Melanie for the same reason, I am nearly 9 months off valium

I am so tired and sometimes my eyes want to shut but I jerk back with that dread feeling .

I never had any sleep problems before valium, but sleep so badly still at night .

I am so sorry you have had this set back after 5  years, 

I hope it settles for you soon

Jen

Thank you all for posting and reassuring me that this is a crappy but normal symptom.  I'm so sorry you're all struggling with sleep, too.  This + anxiety is the worst symptom for sure.  I remember reading in the Ashton Manual that insomnia can linger and is sometimes the last to go, but sleep eventually does return.  Praying we all get to that point soon.

Had my first daytime nap this month! Haven't had one since, but I know it will come around again:)

I hate that jolting feeling you talk about..you feel yourself drift then BAM! Awoken with a jolt, usually followed by shaking/vibrating. ugh.

BUT...it will balance out.

Had my first daytime nap this month! Haven't had one since, but I know it will come around again:)

I hate that jolting feeling you talk about..you feel yourself drift then BAM! Awoken with a jolt, usually followed by shaking/vibrating. ugh.

BUT...it will balance out.

Hi

This is a good thread. I too have been perplexed by my inability to nap; even in the not so distant past when my sleep was minimal at best. To relish a nap--like the old days when I could just lie down and have a relaxing nap. Wake up, yawn and stretch!

Apparently, yesterday, I did nap for a few hours. My live in said I was snoring and sounded like a truck. I exclaimed really and she said--I will record it next time. I awoke on the groggy side. First nap in a long time. Right now, I am looking at my bed fondly and thinking--how about a nap!

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]