Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stomach Issues

[SA...]

Hi All

For about a year or so I have been having loose stool, wind, stomach cramps extra.

I told my GP and some tests were done in January all were fine. The issues continued and the test last week showed up blood in my tool. Now I have to have a colonoscopy. I am now scared it maybe some more sinister. My GP does think it will be but because of the test result he said I have the further test.

I am now in a high state of anxiety with worry. I know about benzo belly. Has anybody had a similar experience of these stomach issues and being sent for tests? I have the added problem that I am an agoraphobia sufferer so just going out of the house is filling me with dread.

Any help and advice very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Had all of that from xrays to colonoscopy, so many test I don’t even remember.  Nothing found.

I have always had IBS, and my Dr is aware of benzo belly.  Eat better was his advice. 

Worrying only makes it worse.  I remember being so nervous for my colonoscopy.  The nurses and Dr were so understanding, they totally calmed me down.  And once the results came back I felt better still.

PS: was also agoraphobic, but that has passed since being off benzos.  Today I actually wanted to leave the house!

Thank you Rschak for your kind reply. The issues with my stomach are getting me. I mostly get loose stools, bloating, acid reflux and stomach cramps.

Due to have a colonoscopy soon and as an agoraphobic I am very nervous about going. I always have health anxiety so I am worried the stomach issues are something more sinister, my GP doesn't think so, just wants to be sure

Thanks again for your reply.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]