Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In good company

[Ap...]

Hi folks, I’m a 34 y/o male that is currently out of work due to COVID and consequently homeschooling three kids while tackling grad school at the same time. That said, it’s a huge relief to find this sort of support system during this brutal process of moving forward in life.

I’ve been browsing through discussion posts here since I finally cut ties with Klonopin after concluding a 2.5 year taper in early Aug 2020. I hadn’t involved myself here directly because my w/d experience, having kept myself at 0.5 mg daily for 2.5 years, “isn’t so bad” compared to the agony of so many people out there. However, as a social work grad student, I realize that I nonetheless need to advocate for myself instead of minimizing my own struggle amid the battle with w/d symptoms. True, it could be worse, but that knowledge means little when my heart rate spikes to 180 bpm at 3 AM. Regardless of the relative scales of misery, questions needs answers and that’s why I’m here.

Hi Apocalypsis Rex! Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you made the decision to join! Congratulation on finishing a long taper off Klonopin.    I applaud you for wisely choosing to honor your own needs -  it's so important that social workers practice self care - it's so easy to fall into thinking it "isn't so bad".  You're so right that even if you're not suffering the absolute worst your pain is worthy of attention and care. You've got your hands full coping with withdrawal while homeschooling three children and doing an MSW program in the midst of the pandemic!  So, please reach out for support here.

Please explore the site and feel free to post.  You may want to start with these links:

The Ashton Manual - written my a leading expert in the field. Chapter III talks about many common withdrawal symptoms

I suggest you start a new topic with questions about your situation here:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]