Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hello from Me

[Ni...]

Dear all,

I am Nick. 40 years old. Have been taking Benzo (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg got 4 years. For past 8 months or so I have switched to Valium. Now tapered down to 0 mg spanning 4 months. Off meds for around 2 weeks. Having some physical issues like heavy head feeling wobbly etc. looking for some help. Hence joined this forum.

Thanks

edit: user name removed from title

Hello Nickforall,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and congratulations on being benzo free!

You did a very quick taper after many years of taking benzos so I'm not surprised you are feeling withdrawal symptoms now.  At two weeks off you are still in what is called the acute phase of withdrawal, where the symptoms can be the strongest.  With time, they will ease up.

What you describe is pretty common for benzo withdrawal. Benzos make significant changes to the central nervous system.  It takes time for the system to reset, to find balance again.

Not everyone will have a difficult or long lasting withdrawal. We all are different and will react differently based on how our bodies process medications and our own genetics.

I'm glad you've joined the forum, you'll find others who you can relate to and will receive support from people who understand what you are feeling, what you are experiencing.

I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can ask questions and receive feedback from members.

Just remember, we're here for you so let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

pianogirl  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]